Notices

Miracles in my life

Old 11-11-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Miracles in my life

The hardest thing I've had to do yet is call up our daughter this AM and tell her what's going on over here.

Technically, she's my step-daughter. She was 16 when wifey and I were married. Wifey's previous husband was a brutal pedophile and this little 16yr. old had a huge hill to climb for her own recovery. She did pretty durn good, all I did was point her at some meetings, act as a sounding board for her crisis', offer my experience, strength and hope and generally stay out of her way.

I've become a father figure to her over the last 20 years. She calls me "Daddy" to her friends, calls me up when she needs a shoulder to cry on. So I'm all worried and stressed out as to how she's going to take this. Not wanting to cause her any pain, or cause any for the grandkids.

Whadya know, she spouts back program at me like the old-timer that she is. After all, she's got 20yrs in the program of ACA and ISA, I guess she _is_ an old timer :-) She's got a wonderful husband that loves her, a great career, a clutch of little ones that are just adorable, and more than enough serenity to spout off at her hard nosed "Daddy" without batting an eyelash.

That's my HP working miracles in my life. Puts my own problems into perspective. My HP is not going to bother finding me a job, or a new place to live, or even give me some sign as to whether I should stay in town or move out of state. I can figure that out on my own. My HP is doing for me what I can _not_ do for myself, and that's giving this kid the life that she deserves. And having her call me "Daddy" to her friends.

Mike :-)