Notices

What I am grateful for

Old 04-14-2018, 11:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I am grateful for

I am grateful for 25 days sober. I am grateful to be aware of all of God's miracles working in my life. I am grateful for my recovery treatment. Last but not least I am grateful and blessed for my family and friends.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 25 days, Krews!
Old 05-02-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What I am grateful for, day 43. The struggle is real, but so worth it. It has been years since I can honestly say that I have been free of any kind of mind altering substance for this long. I still struggle with forgetfulness, but I have clarity of mind. With the alcohol out of the picture I am now able to work on mindfulness and life skills to deal with life on lifes terms. I take my meds as prescribed by my doctor, get plenty of rest, eat well and exercise, and am enjoying my hobbies again. Not every day is free of issues though. I struggle with anxiety, agitation, depression, resentfulness, and a whole lot of other feelings. That negative voice in my head always keeps the pot stirred up. That is where the mindfulness comes in and gets me straightened out. I have had cravings due to this , but they are getting less and less as time goes on. Thank you God for having my back. Thank you SR for offering this site. Another tool in my arsenal to fight the demon. Thank you to my IOP for the life skills, and thank you friends and family for hanging in there even though I made your life hell. Forty three days sober feels pretty darn good for this long time alcoholic.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, great work, Krews!
Old 05-02-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Krews - Congratulations! Keep up the good work. Your humbleness shows through in your post.
I wish you the best.
-sb
Old 05-02-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well done
prayers and support to you