Notices

Gratitude Dude!!

Old 03-16-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratitude Dude!!

Hi all. I'm grateful to be nine weeks sober. My life was so much worse ten weeks ago. I'm grateful to be out of rehab, but I'm also grateful for some major revelations about myself, and my drinking. I'm grateful the big book continues to make more and more sense, and is easier to apply to my daily life.

I'm grateful that I have a terrific sponsor, wonderful homegroup, enjoy regular meetings (really do enjoy them!), and have completed he first seven steps honestly. I feel so much farther away from a drink than I felt in a long time. I'm grateful for what I've learned... and I've learned I can't ever let myself think "I've got this". I am always at risk, and I will be for the rest of my life. I have to think of my disease like diabetes - it requires regular maintenance and care - without that it can be fatal, but as long as I'm careful, and do the work, my life can be as happy and joyous as anyone else. Possibly more so, because I get to help people through AA (which I enjoy), and I've already had a sneak peek of Hell through my drinking, so it's easier to appreciate what I've got.

I'm grateful I've come to this point without losing "too much". I lost alot (well, gave it away), and I could have lost absolutely everything, including my life. I'm grateful I still have a great job and a great girl by my side. I'm greatful I have many good years ahead of me.

Last edited by BrodyCrystal4; 03-16-2018 at 10:39 AM. Reason: edit: I'm grateful that green code thingie on the left still looks awesome!
Old 03-16-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amazing post! One day "the work" will become a "way of life" That's when it gets Really Good! Congrats!
Old 03-16-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 weeks, BrodyCrystal4!

Terrific gratitude list.