Notices

I'm beyond Grateful for,

Old 03-14-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
debbleslosthermarbles

Smile I'm beyond Grateful for,

this site! Soberrecovery . After 13 yrs of being on and around here. I am grateful for the "REAL TRUE FRIENDS" on this site. Look, I'm back and I'll always have a place in my heart for this site and what it stands for.

WE FIGHT, WE ARE FIGHTERS ON THIS SITE! WE MAY FALL, BUT WE BRUSH OURSELVES OFF AND GET BACK UP.

Life is a struggle for EVERYONE, think about it. What a gift this site is especially from your home and in private, you can seek help for addiction. Not to mention people that are so called "normal" is that exists, haaa have to pay a shrink and most can't afford them.

My point is, addict, recovering addict, I'm 6 weeks sober from smoking, that is my demon. We all need this. Even though I was in the dreaded "Grief Forum" of the ones we lost to addiction.

I'm still here, but more importantly. SOBERRECOVERY IS STILL HERE FOR ALL OF US.

and for that......debmar is grateful

debmar was my late husband Marty's screename. He had found this site and created a name and wanted to be sober, normal, happy, free. Unfortunately Marty's story is a super sad one. He had some years of sobriety aka a dry drunk, it really is true. That is for real.

and he relapsed and died in 1 year after. And you know what? He would be so pissed that Cocaine took him. I can hear him now in my mind.

So, let's be together, let's help each other and the world needs to take it one day at a time. Sometimes, I'm on one moment at a time in my life.

God Bless