Notices

Grateful for 2 Months Sober

Old 01-24-2018, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for 2 Months Sober

I posted a while back around the start of my sobering up. It's been a bit over 2 months now. Lately I don't think about booze much. I had a dream a couple nights ago that I was around a bunch of alcohol and chose, in my dream, to not consume any of it. The previous dreams about drinking, that I've had, involved me drinking again. I would wake up scared and relieved to know that it was just a dream.

I'm starting my new job this coming Monday, which I'm excited and nervous about at the same time. It's a different kind of job then I'm used to. Although, it's full-time and I'm expected to work 6 nights a week, so I hope the job doesn't get to me and cause me to go back to my old habits. I sure am not used to working that many hours a week, but the income would be nice because my previous job was part time. I won't have as much free-time as I had, which I'll miss a lot.

I'm also grateful for the guy (no idea who it was) who reported me to the police when I was driving. That event was a turning point for me that made me realize how bad I was getting and I swore to myself to stop, for good. I felt so terrible and dumb about that. I'm grateful to not have lost my license or went to jail and took this chance to make sure I do not do something like this again and to not drink anymore.
Eventually it will be three months, then a year and so on. I'll try not to think about the days I've stayed sober too long. I'll just remember the day I started and try to forget about alcohol all-together and focus on my future. I'll just put the past behind me and move on. But, I will still attend the group meeting I've been going to. I enjoy going to those still.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 months and your new job, Mancini!

I'm glad the group meetings are a source of enjoyment and support for you.

Keep up the great work!