Notices

Only on Day 3 after a 3 day bender...

Old 01-09-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Only on Day 3 after a 3 day bender...

Not yet sure if I still have a job...I find out today though, I'm hoping I do. Getting accustomed to a new job is hard you know... Anyway, past few days I was suffering from the sweats, flushing, and shakiness. Today, I seem to be almost recovered from all that. I'm only 24 so to be having such extreme detoxs at my age is scary. But anyway, I am a grateful for waking up today feeling more like myself...grateful for at least the hope of still having a job...grateful for my renewed determination to be sober. I went to my first AA meeting yesterday, and the thing that got me was how everyone's story reminded me again and again why I don't want to drink. It was the ultimate reminder..So I'm grateful for that as well. That's all for now.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on 3 days, NueLyfe. I hope all goes well with the job situation today. You can save yourself a whole lot of misery by addressing your drinking while you're young. I'm happy to hear you are doing just that!

Keep up the good work.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, everyone at the AA meeting I went to were older people. They gave me a lot of props for coming at my age.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Didn't lose my job. So that's a huge weight off my shoulders. I wanna keep going to AA meetings though...I've heard helps vs. being on your own.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi! I’m glad you could keep your job. AA sounds like a good idea too. I joined the September 2017 support class on here and have found it really helpful. Maybe try the January 2018 class. I also post a lot, which seems to help. Best of luck🙂