Notices

Christmas Morning

Old 12-12-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Christmas Morning

It may be a simple thing, but I really look forward to waking up hang over free Chrismas morning. Every Christmas since straightening out has felt like I'm getting a special gift.

I used to suffer greatly on Christmas mornings. The pretending and fake smiling while secretly feeling like a poisoned loser only made them worse.

I think I'm going to have some top-shelf hot chocolate this year...marshmallos and everything!
Old 12-12-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sobriety is the best gift ever, isn't it!!!!!
Old 12-12-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree, Leviathan. In the end, I still had alcohol in my system from the night before, & couldn't wait until it was ok to have some more....such a sad waste of time & disrespect for the holiday & our family. Thanks for a great post.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Once of the saddest things I can remember witnessing growing up happened at a Christmas morning church service in a large church that took its music program very seriously. When the time came for a trumpet solo the professional trumpet player was obviously still drunk from the night before and totally flubbed the solo. I'm pretty sure his professional reputation was toast, that's typically the final stage of the descent where one can no longer function on the job and at critical times. So sad, I hope he found his way out of that hell.