Notices

I have learned gratitude

Old 12-04-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have learned gratitude

Every day when I eat I thank God for the food He has given me. Every night when I go to sleep I thank Him for my comfortable bed and warm covers.

When I wake up I thank Him for another day of life. I thank Him for creating the great Nation Under God, where I live--the greatest nation that ever was.

I thank Him for the perfect living sacrifice of Himself, to atone for my sin, so I can live free from guilt, recover from substance and relationship addiction, be economically successful, and be happy.

I'm grateful for the grace God has given me to resist temptation, practice Roman Catholicism, offer to Him my prayers, works, joys and sufferings.

I thank Him for the many talents and skills he has given to me, for teaching me the truth, for the mind he has given me, for my children, my parents, my nieces, nephews, siblings (their dead from substance abuse), even for the agonizing pain I lived through, because it carved out a deeper hole in my heart for God's love to fill.

Truly, I am the most blessed man alive. I have everything I ever wanted, everything I have ever hoped for, and a lot that I hadn't thought about until I got it.

I'm grateful for 20 years of successful recovery. I have no desire to get high on anything. If I drink, I drink one or two drinks. I just simply don't want more than that.

I don't think about using. I've forgiven my self for the past. I look back upon my life without regret, without remorse, without apology, because all things work for good for those who love the LORD.

Sometimes I feel like jumping up and down for joy. Life is easy. I don't have to do things I don't like. I'm an electrical engineer is an extremely lucrative area of expertise, so I can earn the money I need working about 20 hours per week.

My children are healthy, beautiful, intelligent, athletic and artistic. About the only thing I sometimes want is a wife. But then I think about it for a minute, and I'm happy being single.

I'm grateful for all the beautiful, young women in the world; for their charms, wiles, and womanly ways. I'm a sucker for a beautiful girl. And God knows it.

But I'm responsible now. I realize that fire burns if it's not used properly. I am able to treat others with the dignity all people deserve, because I've reclaimed my own, by doing well for myself and my family, and by treating myself with respect.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wonderful post, AwesomeMachine.

I loved it!