Notices

Grateful for the good days I'm having!

Old 11-02-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for the good days I'm having!

I haven't checked in for quite a while, but I'm back! On the 7th it'll be seven months since I made an account here and decided to go alcohol-free for good. Decided to check in tonight because this hasn't been the easiest week; since I stopped I've been experiencing waves of anxiety that come and go and this week was particularly bad - seasons changing is a historically difficult time for me and the shift is always severe here in the Northeast.

The summer was on average manageable though and I've had many days where I felt just fantastic. Lost ten pounds since I stopped, enough that my family and friends noticed I was looking better which was a nice bonus, too.

I turned 39 in September and in a few months it'll be the one year mark. I've stopped drinking before for periods of time but it was always for "pragmatic" reasons and not because I did so with the intent to really stop, and would end up relapsing. If I judge myself honestly though I know I've been an alcoholic ever since I was 17. But I feel I'm in the right place with the right intent now. Let's do this
Old 11-03-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hear you about the seasonal change, FarAway.
We have had an amazingly warm fall here in Mass., but we had to stop eating dinner on the deck several weeks ago.
It’s like summer one day, fall the next.
Congratulations on your sobriety.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can relate to the seasonal change, FarAwayTimes. I can fall into a deep depression if I'm not proactive. I always feel better after I get something accomplished.

Congratulations on your sobriety!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Hear you about the seasonal change, FarAway.
We have had an amazingly warm fall here in Mass., but we had to stop eating dinner on the deck several weeks ago.
It’s like summer one day, fall the next.
Congratulations on your sobriety.
Fellow Mass resident here! Grew up south of Boston, then LA for a decade, now I've been back for a couple years. The bonus warm days are nice but I know it's like the last five course dinner before the better part of six months of a bread and water diet happens.

I've been looking at Providence as a new place to be since I telecommute a lot of the time and housing/home prices there are much more reasonable - a friend of mine rents a veritable palace there for what one would pay for a closet in Somerville or Cambridge. That's sorta...more south...