Notices

Progress not Perfection

Old 06-20-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Progress not Perfection

- I am very grateful today for what I've learned after a difficult phone call. There were aspects of it I could have managed better and there are parts of it I am pleased about. I am grateful for the knowledge of the wisdom 'progress not perfection' and for the choice I take not to delve now into overthinking introspection about the matter.

-I am grateful that I have learnt that next time I want to take a moment to ask myself 'what do I want' before engaging with a person I find difficult and to remember that I actually I have the right and choice not to engage with someone at all if I choose. I forget about my own power sometimes and that's OK.

-I am grateful for the sobering knowledge that just as a recovering addict knows that there are substances he/she cannot mange without causing themselves great harm, so too are there certain types of relationships for codependents. 'Do not taste, do not touch'.

-I am grateful for a dinner out tonight with a valued friend. For laughter and and a safe place to be my true self.

-I am grateful for the gorgeous golden sunshine today and for the cool breeze that soothed the heat for me.

-I am grateful that I finally found a way back into this site after forgetting both my password and username for months.

-I'm grateful that Vera is on the telly tonight. Rather brilliant.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Shulamite!

Great gratitude list.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Vera, luv? That's good, pet.