Notices

I'm grateful for...

Old 10-12-2004, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile I'm grateful for...

...the beauty of the world - the fiery oranges and reds of the leaves on the trees, the purply/bronzy cast over the foliage of field and wood, the shapes of the clouds in a crystal blue sky, the clean crispness of the air.... and the sobriety to be able to take it all in.

Thank you God and thank you people of SR.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

I'm with you on that one quercusalba! I'm VERY grateful for this time of year. I'm always talking about the pure joy found in the innocence and silliness of children, and Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I'm grateful that I'm able to absorb and experience the fall season with a clear mind and concious. It's been a few years that I can say that I've been sober for this long and able to just "be" no matter what the emotion is. And, lately, it's been nothing but happiness and awe.
I'm grateful that I finally surrendered and learned that even though it was the hardest, yet at the same time the easiest thing to unlock myself from this self-imposed cage, I'm glad that a power greater than myself showed me that I would know a freedom unlike anything I dreamed.
To all of you struggling...this CAN be done. Don't give up before the miracle happens to you too.
Danielle