Notices

I am greatful to be able to face my fears

Old 09-16-2004, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

I am greatful to be able to face my fears

I lived in fear. Fear of people, places and things. Fear of standing in line
at the grocery store because of the panic attacks. Fear of stopping drinking, fear of continuing to drink. Fear of facing who I really was and what I was really doing to myself and others. Fear of the known, fear of the unknown.

Today, I do not let my fears stop me from doing what I am capabable of doing, of being who I am capabable of being, and living as member of the human race.

A very wise woman taught me a very important thing: no matter what happens,
my head will not explode and I will not fall off the face of the earth.

Today it is all good (except when it isn't and even then it's better than it ever was for 24 years). My recovery is the best damn thing that ever happened in my life and the most important. Jah bless.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

findingout, great to hear that you can face your fears!

I'm ChrisMan, recovering sexaholic, and my addiction is based primarily on fear. Fear of just about everything and everyone. So I can relate to what you are saying. I only started facing my fears maybe about a year ago, and dealt with the most intense of those fears (fear of confronting certain family members) just one month ago.

I am grateful for being able to face my fears (still learning) and grateful for the wonderful sense of freedom that comes with being released from my fears.

Here is a beautiful picture -- when we face our fears we can come out and blossom, just like this rose. This rose is for you!

:rose