Notices

I am new

Old 09-14-2004, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IamLisa

I am new

Hi, needing help fighting my crack cocaine and alcohol addiction. I am new here but was unsure how and when to come to the meetings. I am a 39 year old RN and grandmother of 2. I have a husband that has put up with my addictions for years. I stop for a while but then I think "1 time can't hurt" My 1 time is becoming a weekly benging spree again. I want to stop but it keeps calling me! I went to a 30 day inpatient treatment last October, I was clean for 6 months...... HELP!
Old 09-14-2004, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((IamLisa))))))

Welcome to Sober Recovery!!! We quit one day at a time just for today.... Have you looked up any NA meetings? NA is listed in the white pages of the bussiness section in your local phone book.

Feel free to come here often too> I am sure others will be around to welcome you soon. You might want to go to the NA forum here on this site and find more support! Take care keep posting.

Iam Lisa2
Old 09-14-2004, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi,
I am a recovering addict, ( DOC opiates) and a former LPN. I have 6 years of sobriety but I never take a day of it for granted. Slendra has given you good advice. Don't look back on teh 6 months you were sober, focus on TODAY!
You must realize you are jeopardizing your nursing license, if you were caught under the influence, even if not on the job, it is, in most states automatic suspension and then you must go through the hoops to retain the license.
Have you tried NA? If not, do. If you have, try it again. Do anything you can to save your life. There are also groups in some cities called Caudecious ( sp) Anonymous that are for impaired medical professionals, but ususally you need a referral from another impaired medical professional. That was the first 12 step group I went to and it opened my eyes to the prevelent drug use in the medical community. I saw 3 people at my first meeting I knew and didn't have a clue that they had any addictions.
Keep posting and we are here for you!
Old 09-16-2004, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tha toastah

hi lisa

I know what thats like. maybe youre not ready to quit yet, maybe you havent reached your bottom.

But i'll tell u one thing, try cocain anonymous meetings. I am a sober crystal meth addict and i find myself very much at home there.

dont give up!
Old 09-16-2004, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

fwiw,

If you don't stay clean, you don't stay clean. Don't use it until the next meeting. I don't give a rats butt if it's AA/NA/CA/ or Whatever A.. Been doing it since 1986, have almost had my ass fall off during a divorce but didn't drink or use.
Keep it simple. the bottom is YOUR choosing not some nebulous state. Don't drink or use, go to meeting, and talk with a sponsor and no other major changes for a year. Don't even worry about the steps (except step 1,2,3 ) until you've been clean for a while.

NebraskaDad - Sober since Jan 6 1986.