Notices

having a bad day but still grateful

Old 09-11-2004, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
believer

having a bad day but still grateful

Well, I'm having a pretty blah day and I'm feeling kinda down, but I figured this was as good a time as any to count my blessings. The last time I posted here I was in a great mood, but as 3legs predicted, that too would pass!

Anyway, I'm grateful for my little growing munchkin, now almost 10 weeks along. I'm grateful to have food and shelter, when so many have been affected by the hurricanes and have lost so much. I'm grateful that my stepdaughter has started her senior year in high school, is doing well and seems happy. And I'm thankful for my family and friends, who never give up caring about me, even now when I don't have much to give in the way of care and nurturing.

As always, thank you Lord for SR.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting your message Journey Gal,
I need to hear that no matter how bad it gets it could always be worse.
The fact that I am still sober and have no desire to go out and drink is a blessing in it self. I know that things are going to get better!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yes, I have to join in also in thanking you for a little reminder that eventhou things aren't as smooth as I would like them to be in my life, I do have so much to be thankful for. I am grateful for things in my life but at times when these other things seem to cloud over I forget and get bogged down and to focused on those things.

You are an angel JG, and blessed is that baby angel growing within you!!
Old 09-12-2004, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Great reminder, JG, to remember all the good things in my life. Yesterday, with the 911 tributes and remembrance, and with the reports of hurricane Ivan, I realized how very little I have to complain about. My problems are microscopic compared to what some people have to go through.

And I AM grateful.

Hugs of Gratitute
Ann