Notices

There IS light on the other side

Old 10-24-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There IS light on the other side

There has been so much growth and transformation in my life over the past few years. I am SO GRATEFUL that I made the right decision for myself over 2 years ago, to get a PFA order finalized against an XABF. I experienced so much anxiety at that time from all the what if's, and just feeling traumatized. In the past 2 years since I washed my hands of the XABF for good, I have:
-completed a doctorate degree
-married a God-fearing, hard-working, humble, loving and gentle man with whom I share many things in common
-gotten in the best shape of my life by training for my first half-marathon and practicing self-care (healthy food, regular exercise, active spiritual life)
-because of how well I take care of myself now, I have been able to live off all the psych meds I used to be on (quite a cocktail) for 2 years. (Don't get me wrong, some days are more challenging than others. Some days I have intrusive memories from my childhood. My Dad is still actively drinking and my mom is still with him.)

There IS light on the other side. That is my message to anyone here wondering whether they should finally leave an alcoholic partner. While I definitely understand fears for one's safety and the challenges in securing that for oneself, I personally, have no regrets about my decision. And I am truly grateful for the blessings in my life today.