SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Lulupalooza's Gratitude List ~ Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/374450-lulupaloozas-gratitude-list-part-2-a.html)

SoberLife2014 01-27-2016 06:35 PM

After much frustration lately, nothing sounds better than a good old gratitude list.

I'm grateful...
1. that I have the opportunity to stay home with my babies.
2. for a supportive husband.
3. that I've managed to not only survive on this planet for 32 years, but also give birth to 2 healthy little boys.
4. to be surrounded by love.
5. that I have everything I need.
6. for my health.
7. for my sobriety.
8. for the tools I've learned through my sobriety.
9. for the friends I have.
10. for the little things that give me comfort.

SoberLeigh 01-27-2016 06:37 PM

What a beautiful list, Lulu!!!!

SoberLife2014 01-28-2016 07:11 PM

I'm back for another round!

I had a wonderful day, and I'm grateful that it was sunny out. I'm grateful for all the fun I had with my babies. I'm grateful for the moments of peace and quiet. I'm grateful for a little more peace and serenity in my life.

Soberwolf 02-01-2016 09:30 AM

Happy first of the month LuLu

gleefan 02-06-2016 09:12 AM

Happy 2nd Sober-versary Lulu!

I'm grateful for your support and friendship over these past two years, through all our ups, downs, and in-betweens. Through pregnancy, career changes, relocations, promotions, milestones and anniversaries, we've figured out how to reach towards sobriety! Thanks for being there to celebrating good choices and helping each other make sense of the aftermath of the more questionable ones, my dear friend!

SoberLife2014 03-18-2016 07:50 PM

Glee, I am ashamed to admit that tonight is the first time I saw your message! It's been waaaay too long. And I am so grateful to have you in my life and have you as a friend. You have truly supported and guided me through so much.

SoberLife2014 03-18-2016 07:57 PM

I have so much gratitude in my heart tonight. I am indeed blessed.
I am grateful to have the opportunity to pursue one of my life long dreams.
I am grateful to have this new kitty enter me and my family's lives.
I am grateful for my friends and family and their amazing support.
I am grateful for my two sweet little boys. They bring so much joy to me.
I am truly grateful that I no longer have a mind clouded and dulled by alcohol and I am able to let the light shine into my life.
I'm grateful for the small, but kind, interactions I have with people during the day. A gentleman helping me with my groceries. A friendly smile from a stranger. A wave from a neighbor.

Soberwolf 03-19-2016 03:59 AM

Excellent list

SoberLife2014 05-22-2016 07:37 PM

I'd like to do a gratitude list about my husband tonight. He has helped me through so much and sometimes I feel like I don't focus on the things I'm grateful for with him.
I'm grateful that he is so kind to animals. He won't even kill a spider.
I'm grateful that he's good at math because I'm terrible at math and he's like a walking calculator.
I'm grateful that he's so good at protecting us. I feel really safe around him.
I'm grateful that he's so good at taking charge, even though sometimes we butt heads when we both want to take charge.
I'm grateful that he's so good with the kids. He loves them so much and takes great care of them. He's a great parenting partner.
I'm grateful that he stuck with me through my trials with alcohol. Even through all the lying and hiding he still stayed and gave me a chance to become "me" again.
I'm grateful that he supports me in my goals.
I'm grateful that he gets up with the kids in the morning so I can get a little extra sleep (yes, I'm spoiled).
I'm grateful that he helps me with the dishes after I cook.
I'm grateful that he has remained sober with me.
I'm grateful that we share a similar sense of humor.
I'm grateful that he's such a gentleman.
I'm grateful that we have similar values.

Opivotal 05-22-2016 07:48 PM

Lulu, that's a beautiful list. :)

SoberLife2014 06-23-2016 06:13 PM

Today I'm feeling really grateful for my sobriety. Sometimes I see people who are still struggling with their alcoholism, and I know exactly what it's like to be in their shoes. To have that uncertainty and fear of the future. To wake up feeling horrible every morning. I truly believe my sobriety was a gift. Call it luck or call it divine intervention. Whatever it was, I'm still grateful for it every day.

gleefan 06-24-2016 05:06 AM

Well said, Lulu!! <3

SoberLife2014 07-10-2016 06:52 PM

I'm grateful for every single day I'm alive, and I get to spend with my loved ones. Why wouldn't I want to be present for that? Why would I want to drink to the point where I would forget a portion of the day? Living sober is truly living!

SoberLife2014 07-11-2016 06:52 PM

Today I'm grateful for all who put their lives on the line to keep us safe.

SoberLeigh 07-11-2016 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lulupalooza (Post 6040374)
Today I'm grateful for all who put their lives on the line to keep us safe.

So am I, Lulu.

Very nice to see you.

SoberLife2014 07-22-2016 05:21 PM

Wonderful to see you too SoberLeigh. How have you been?

SoberLife2014 07-30-2016 06:38 PM

I'm very grateful for an opportunity to further my education. I believe that through my recovery, I've become more mature and humble. I think those qualities will really aid me in my studies. This opportunity couldn't have come at a better time in my life.

SoberLife2014 09-26-2016 07:45 PM

Today I'm grateful for such a supportive family. It means so much to me to have those closest to me rooting for me and helping me to achieve my dreams. Not to mention supporting me in my sobriety.

I'm also grateful that I got to know and love my sweet little doggy for 13 years. I wish I could have spent more time with her while she was alive, and I will miss her so much, but I'm grateful for the time I did have with her.

Soberwolf 09-26-2016 09:25 PM

:hug:

SoberLife2014 10-09-2016 07:00 PM

Tonight I'm really grateful that my husband fixed the dishwasher, I finished my first presentation in school and didn't completely die half way through, I woke up sober, and I had a wonderful weekend with my family.