Notices

I'm grateful for..

Old 08-26-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for..

Recently running in to an old abusive and addicted ex boyfriend made me realize everything I'm grateful for in my life today and how far I've come. It made me realize how grateful I am that I have a normal normal and relatively stressfree life today.
I remember when I was younger and I was with this guy, my life was filled with stress, trying to get through every day and just longing for normality. I allowed myself to be abused and didn't even realize that it was something wrong with it, I drank tons to cope with my everyday-life, I was an addict and I was surrounded by other addicts with worse problems and addictions than myself.

Now I don't have any toxic people in my life anymore, I can spot them from a mile away, I actually like myself and would never put myself in bad and abusive situations again. I have good friends and good people in my life and my life is filled with the normal pleasures that I didn't have much of in my younger years.

I'm grateful that nothing worse happened to me during those years and that that part of my life is over, that I can look forward to the rest of my life and things that are still ahead of me as I'm still a young woman, like having kids maybe in a few years. I just feel very lucky these days when I think about how my life COULD have turned out.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best