Notices

Thankful for my DUI

Old 06-14-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jedi Master

Thankful for my DUI

I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am that I was pulled over for drinking and driving.

This may seem like an odd thing to be grateful for, but it really was the beginning of a new life for me. It was a real eye opener that forced me to examine every aspect of my life, to change the parts that were not working for my better good. By removing alcohol from my life, my entire perspective about everything has changed for the better. Life is not all peaches and cream mind you, but it is so much better than when I was drinking.

I saw a news story about a man who was driving drunk and hit a family of four head on. The father of the family was killed instantly and the mother and two daughters were injured critically. It will take years for them to fully recover from their wounds and the loss of their husband / father. The drunk driver lived and is facing vehicular homicide and life in prison. That could have easily been the case for me as well. I could not imagine the guilt, shame, hurt, and regret that individual must be feeling. I am so grateful, that I got off easy with just a DUI. Even though it ended my career, I always think of how much worse it could have been.

Stay strong !