Notices

Alcohol's insidious Nature.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Alcohol's insidious Nature.

Unlike illicit drugs alcohol tends to be lauded by society as a stress breaker and social benefactor if consumed sensibly (whatever that means). With crack and such we know what we are dealing with. Look at all the sports sponsorships, advertising etc when it comes to the former.
Had lunch in a public bar yesterday and a few thing bear this out.
It's our current football season and signs on the wall read half price wine, cheap beer etc at specific times of the match, all conducive to addictive drinking. What a responsible liquor industry we have in this country. Beer in hand the old dudes sprinted to the desk to get their bet on before race start.
Good to remain sober via AA, SR and other research etc re societies ingrained obsession with this poison. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
waking down

I feel the same way about donuts.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love your writing style. In south MS in the USA if you're at an event without a drink in hand you're some kind of loonie. I don't want that for myself or future kids so I'm glad to have found this forum
Old 07-10-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great post
Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
under new management

I agree, drinking alcohol is not just acceptable, it is expected. Those who aren't partaking are questioned as to why not, but not the other way around. No one gets asked why they are drinking.

Great post!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree, the amount of advertising of alcohol in supermarkets in the UK is crazy, also they often do half price offers on £10 + bottles of wine (which I favour) or they do 25% off when you buy 6 bottles. All of these tactics trick me into buying 6 or 12 bottles at a time and then demolishing them at an alarming rate. They wouldn't be allowed to do with with tobacco, buy 6 packs get 25% off so why can they do it with alcohol? Tobacco is now behind shutters in UK supermarkets so you can't even see it and we're moving towards Australia with the photos of disease on the packets. Why is alcohol so different? Entire aisles dedicated to it for all to see...

Only way I'm half way coping at the moment is by buying 1 bottle of wine a day and waiting for my referral to come through to help me with tapering or abstaining...