Notices

My Kick In The Pants Gratitude List :)

Old 01-12-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Great thread JDM, though riding the appreciation turkey just made tea come out of my nose

See you in January class!
Old 01-12-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Ahah Cara now you made me lol I am grateful you dropped by!

Riding the Appreciation Turkey since forever

(ok since 2015, ok since 2017, alright I just got back in the saddle today )
Old 01-13-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Today I am grateful for...

*My house being lovely and clean(The gas man is coming to do a boiler check,,, nothing motivates me to clean more than someone coming over )

*It being Friday which means some kind of yummy meal or take out tonight.

*13 days soberdom (easy to keep track starting at the new year)

*Needs being met and the cupboards being full

*Sleeping well and feeling refreshed

*Getting myself a few new clothes for a new term at Uni

*The winter sun making everything seem brighter

*Being able to overdo it with smilies (my daughter totally tells me I'm trying to be cool when I send these on whatsapp... I tell her what if I'm not trying, what if I am cool hehe)
Old 01-13-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Being Sober Gratitude List

• No dark cloud hanging over my head about what I did last night.
  • Not needing a "hydration plan" aka powerade followed by at least 2 strong energy drinks and multiple glasses of water in the space of a few hours. Now I can enjoy a morning coffee, water throughout the day and any other soft drinks that take my fancy.
  • Better tasting mouth. I used to blame "poo fairies" coming along in the night and .. well let's just say the poo faires have moved onto new pastures.
  • It's safe to communicate with people because I am of my own sound mind.
  • Around 1500 calories less being consumed per day. Gotta be good for the waistline!
  • No more weird eye headaches (seeing squiggly lines) and no aching back around the kidney area.
  • Sleeping solidly - no waking up in the night for something sweet.
  • Not having to remember to take something sweet to bed with me.
  • I am a better mother and a better role model.
  • I can open my curtains without finding an empty bottle there which I then had to smuggle outside somehow.
  • Following on from the above, I am now recycling properly! I admit I used to stuff empties in with the ordinary rubbish and dump them in the ordinary bin instead of the glass box.
  • Having an extra £60+ to spend on useful things.
  • Putting my mind to better use than spending hours planning and concocting what I was going to drink and how I was going to hide it from people.
  • Not having to rotate the shops I go to so the cashiers don't know I had a problem.
  • Bathing every night and not having to skip it because it delays drinking time.
  • Actually wanting to dress in something decent rather than throw anything on because the only thing that mattered was getting home to drink later.
  • Running again and being able to plan runs because I KNOW I'll be sober on that date.
  • Being able to plan anything I want and say YES to social engagements because I KNOW I'll be sober on that date.
  • Being present and able to reflect on things and trust my own judgement on the matter.
  • Being able to see a vision of a better future clearly and believing more and more everyday that it is possible.

**I realize this list includes some negativity (appreciating things which I am not doing/aren't happening) but I really needed to appreciate it ALL right now... Friday night is a trigger. I've taken my finger off it. Feels good
Old 01-13-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
This thread I started that I can always come back to
Still sober and kicking some weights azz running and gyming
Career back on track
All needs met
This website
The mods and soberwolf (who I'm sure will be mod one day because awesomeness!)
God or Source energy - sustaining all things
This three is 2 years old and still very relevant!
Old 01-13-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Appreciate I made a housing match today at work, a place for the two parties to negotiate,
Appreciate my sobriety , since last July yet long enough to feel so much better
For my dogs Big and Little
Appreciate my husband for keeping the wood stove lit and trying to get better,
Two days off
SR to learn from
Grateful
Old 01-14-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Today I am grateful for...

*Mklove popping in and dropping an appreciation bomb on us

*A wonderful fleeting moment where I could see my life coming together. Might have only taken 38 years but I have a vision where being a responsible adult owning a house, car and having a great job with prospects falls into place.

*The best mum everrrrrr. So kind, generous and caring. We went shopping together today and when she dropped me home. She just gave me the biggest hug and said I love you so much. We do say I love you a lot but it was like she could sense I needed it or something. (I did )

*An awesome long chat with my daughter after we'd eaten KFC in the car overlooking rolling countryside. The stars were out (I think we could see Mars, that big shining star in the sky at the moment? I first noticed it in December, my bro said it was Mars, hope he wasn't pulling my leg and making me look silly now ) Anyway, we just sat and she was asking about my life, when I first left home and how I met her Dad. Things like that. I had a rare opportunity where she was listening and interested and I was in the right mind to pass on some wisdom. Things like what I'd have done differently if I could and what I want for her future. Beautiful.

*Being 2 weeks Sober

Old 01-14-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
*Mklove popping in and dropping an appreciation bomb on us

*A wonderful fleeting moment where I could see my life coming together. Might have only taken 38 years but I have a vision where being a responsible adult owning a house, car and having a great job with prospects falls into place.

*The best mum everrrrrr. So kind, generous and caring. We went shopping together today and when she dropped me home. She just gave me the biggest hug and said I love you so much. We do say I love you a lot but it was like she could sense I needed it or something. (I did )

*An awesome long chat with my daughter after we'd eaten KFC in the car overlooking rolling countryside. The stars were out (I think we could see Mars, that big shining star in the sky at the moment? I first noticed it in December, my bro said it was Mars, hope he wasn't pulling my leg and making me look silly now ) Anyway, we just sat and she was asking about my life, when I first left home and how I met her Dad. Things like that. I had a rare opportunity where she was listening and interested and I was in the right mind to pass on some wisdom. Things like what I'd have done differently if I could and what I want for her future. Beautiful.

*Being 2 weeks Sober

That is so fabulous you had that time to really connect. You'll be forever thankful you had that opportunity. I'm so glad you did.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

3rd week of sobriety begun
The winter sun
Had my nails done
Sunday dinner in my tum (yum)
Thanks mum!
Desert is there if I want some
Grateful for what I have and what's still to come
This happy pink cloud, don't care where it's from
It gives me a bit of va-va-voom
Going to keep beating this appreciation drum
The bath is run
My hair washed and in a bun
Sober Recovery at the click of my fingers and thumb
A good nights sleep which is always welcome
A brand new sober week to which I will sucumb
Not the best poet but ho-hum

Old 01-15-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Love it, JackDsMissus!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

What do I appreciate today?

Morning Coffee

My best friend

Sobereity

My Joey Chair

Opivotal
Old 01-16-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

^^^

I appreciate your gratitude posts, JDM.

Thank you for the giggles!
Old 01-17-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

hehe ^ Today I am grateful for...
  1. Getting daughter to school on time
  2. Finally posting a letter I've been carrying around in my bag for two weeks
  3. Making some important phone calls
  4. Sorting out my wardrobe and have two big bags to take to the charity shop
  5. Prepared my black beauty (car) to go off to be fixed
  6. The Gary Vee show - so inspiring and motivating
  7. SR and everyone here
Old 01-18-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Morning Gratitude List ( Just checked and it is indeed still morning)

#take2 (The cyber monster keeps eating my posts today O.o)

~~8 hours sleep!!!!
~~Paid off two debts in FULL. (My credit file is off the life support machine).
~~Car is being collected today to be fixed, huge weight off my mind.
~~Nutritious Breakfast (And, not just because I'd run out of Mars Bars )
~~Spoke to my bestie about future plans and goals #uplifting
~~Day off to do what I please (in joey chair, with a coffee surfing SR of course!)
~~18th day in the Sober Squad
Old 01-18-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Yay, 18 days!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Morning Gratitude

Navigated the school run like the school run pro I am. (Just 4 more years of this to go )

Coffee and toast with real butter

19 days in Soberville

House somewhat tidy

Writing this list before 9am

*Short but sweet. I have only been awake 90 minutes hehe
Old 01-20-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Late Night Gratitude

Got up on time
The sky was beautiful and clear this morning and the sun even put in an appearance (he had a hat on)
Got lots of work done today
Will have been sober 3 weeks tomorrow
Had pizza and watched Friends with my daughter (our weekend ritual)
Made it through Friday night without flinching
Looking forwards to my lie-in tomorrow!!!
Sober Recovery x
Old 01-22-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Sober Sunday Appreciation...

*Easyyyy weekend - didn't crave once! Maybe two fleeting thoughts about my ex lover Jack Daniels and that's it, Successful sober weekend imo.

**Caught up on any sleep I'd missed during the week. I know you can't put sleep in the bank and all that but I feel really rested.

***Realised I haven't noticed dusk in a while. When i was drinking I'd find the transition from day to night to be quite depressing. I wonder if that's because I knew that I would soon again be enslaved by the cruel liquid master. Well, it seems I don't mind or even notice nightfall these days. So whose the master now?

****Took my daughter for her eye appointment on Saturday. This might not seem like a big deal but making any appointment used to be a gamble so to actually adhere to them rather than endlessly rescheduling is a big positive all around.

*****Had a wonderful dinner today with my mum. I actually skipped a few of the 12 steps right to making amends with her today. Not on purpose, I was grumbling how my daughter had refused to get dressed to come to dinner and how sometimes it seems we aren't on the same team and she reminded me of it being typical for teens to be self-centered and how I was as a teen particularly the times she'd been hurt by my actions. SO I took that time right there to apologise for that and other things I've done in my time. It was big unexpected relief and I feel like we've come to a new place of understanding. We are already pretty close but this was a new close. Funnily enough, my mum whose not a big drinker but a weekend bottle of wine kind of woman is doing dry January. I know I've had a lot of insights and clarity this last 3 weeks, I wonder if she too has had the same experience because we've never laid all our cards out on the table like that before.

Wow this is quite a deep gratitude entry

******I appreciate anyone taking the time to read my ramblings
Old 01-23-2017, 12:57 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Rampages of Appreciation - Abraham Hicks Style

I used to be big into Law of Attraction a while back and the best teacher I found was Abraham Hicks. She goes deeeep into the how to of making LOA practical in everyday living.

According to Hicks "Appreciation" is an emotion and it's right up there with Love in terms of being one of the highest emotions there is. This gratitude journal reminds me of the Rampages of Appreciation that she preaches is the key to a better life. I thought I would share one today.

If ya feeling too lazy to appreciate, you can always let Abe do it for you

Old 01-23-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

What I appreciate about today:

Finally got brave and went along to my first AA Meeting. It was amazing. Going again on Wednesday!

Went for a 1 mile run and my injured leg held up really well.

Made a green juiceeee, it makes me feel so healthy to even look at it. (Ignore that it's in a beer glass, never even drank beer just like pint glasses)

Wholewheat pasta, quorn mince and cheeeseeeee (I'll work on portion size later )