Notices

grateful to my wife

Old 11-28-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

grateful to my wife

Today I'm am so grateful to my wife of just 5 weeks despite me have a 4 day relapse, I didn't see it comming I hadn't drank for 3 months and although I had long got over the serious withdrawal symptoms I still never felt 100% got pains all in my right side of stomach and just felt tired all the time, I went to doctors and he told me it was all still down to my body getting used to not having any alcohol in my system esp the levels at which I was drinking (40-50 units a day) and said I just had to give it some more time. We'll stupid me thought I wonder if I had a little drink it might ease my pain (biggest mistake) I did get the instant feeling of relief and I felt normal and pain free, this only lasted a matter of hours till the hunger and desperation for another drink came back and next thing I knew I was back to my old levels and 4 days later back in hospital. Luckily I had a doctor who understood a little more than some and agreed to keep me in for 2 week librium detox, which I'm so glad he did because I thought I suffered last time, getting the shakes and sweats but the second time around was so much worse I was seeing thing's, hearing things that I knew couldn't possibly be true but looked and sounded so real to the point I started to get confused with what was real and not. I have been out now for 16 days and 16 days without a drink, and have learnt such a lesson DON'T PICK UP THAT FIRST DRINK, and through all this despite all the promises I broke, all the lies I told her again. My wife has stood by me, and when I asked her why she said "I know the man I fell in love with is still in there and I'm not going to let alcohol take him away from me " I'm so lucky and feel stronger and more determined than ever to pay her back for her loyalty and to make up for all the lies and pain, and the only way I'll do that is stay sober
Old 11-29-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We can get through anything sober, Steve. 16 days is terrific!