Notices

Health

Old 11-16-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Health

I heard a gd share about priorities in life.. For us alcoholics , sobriety is number one. Then health and That's what I'm most gratefully for today. I don't use drugs today that badly affect my health. I dnt binge drink and dnt have to suffer the physical pain that caused or the phychologicL pain of it all.
Today I'm grateful for peace of mind. I dnt have to go out and perform in the merry go round of the local drinking/drugging scene . I was getting too old for it and nothing changed just got older with a heavier tolerance. It was a negative lifestyle that brought a lot of pain to me. Chaotic and unstable , now it's a lot calmer and peaceful nd I'm thankful for that.
I'm grateful I'm grateful I can be there for people I love and not be causing them mental pain with the horror story that I was living i gave them a lot of nightmares. Not today.
Today I'm grateful for ca and aa and all recovery groups. Sr too helped me major at the begginjng of me trying to get sober. The twelve steps and fellowship are vital today in my journey to get better in sobriety àbd learn from them who walk the walk in sobriety.
I'm grateful I'm open to learn more if the spuritual side of life because I was spiritually bankrupt when I came here , I'm learning about meditating and yoga and it's making a massive difference to my life. Also through the twelve steps and helping others I've realised that I get rewarded as I give . The gift is to the giver for sure.
God bless.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've realised that I get rewarded as I give . The gift is to the giver for sure.
Thank you for such an inspiring post, miko!