Notices

my daily gratitude list

Old 09-18-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my daily gratitude list

I think of my gratitudes, not every day, but I thought I would start my list here to actually type it out for one and also to make it more of a daily morning thing I make a habit of. So, here goes for today ( at least three a day) :

1. I'm grateful for a clear head this morning - LOVE waking up clearheaded and refreshed

2. I'm grateful for my building - it allows me to be my own boss and choose what I am going to work on next. It's also allowed me the opportunity to turn something old into something quite beautiful now.

3. I'm grateful for my health. I smoked pot for thirty years and actually am quite healthy in spite of that !

well, that's a start.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

second day of typing down my gratitudes - one of a few new habits I'm working on building now. Have you heard of the saying " first you make your habits, then your habits make you ".

1. today, I'm grateful for how well my hallway in the building turned out - really made the building more beautiful ! And my tenants really like it too !
2. I'm grateful to not have an alcohlic worker beside me this week or for awhile. MUCH more peaceful and enjoyable to work away without chaos.
3. I'm grateful for my " clear" mind - I just LOVE waking up refreshed !!! That's such a blessing.
4. I'm grateful to be feeling better again and feeling more my " happy, balanced" self !

I read somewhere that it actually takes 66 days to form a new habit ( not 21 days as many have heard), so here's to day 2 !!!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I completely forgot to come here over the weekend ! Man, I need to a better memory - LOL.

Well, today I am thankful to a sunny, warm week projected. It'll be really nice to enjoy before the winter comes. I will go to the park at some point today and enjoy some private time enjoying the change in the colours and write a few words in my journal.
2. I am grateful that I didn't cave into a craving/urge I had yesterday and chose to remain "clean".
3. I am grateful for my new plan to create more retirement income from my existing situation. Once accomplished, I plan to move or spend sizeable time on the west coast.
4. I am grateful to be hanging my dad's favorite painting just outside my door- I'll feel his presence each time I walk by it.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

today,I'm so grateful to be clean ! I've had a major problem happen tonight in my building and if I wasn't clean, I would not have been able to have stayed present and level through it. If I had still been using , my mind would have spun out of control and then my all my emotions. I would have been a basket case ! Stressed out to the max. But instead, I did what I could now and realize that "we'll tackle it tomorrow and solve it " . Not producing more suffering for myself. So, today just confirms the true blessing of a clear mind, which produces calmer emotions.
2. I am truly grateful to a person in my life who has helped me with this huge building - without him, I would be hooped ! He will be leaving soon, so I am strongly considering to sell the building and move on. We'll see.
3. I am grateful for the silence I'm resting in right now. I love the late night where no noise is around - no cars, no people, no nothing, just the beauty of silence.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

today, I am grateful for:
1. the absolutely gorgeous weather we are having right now ! 28-29 degrees ! The winters here are -30 to -45 , so these gorgeous summer days I am fully enjoying.
2. I am grateful for my family - we all get along and have been decent with each other.
3. I am grateful to finally have left pot behind after 30 years ! Could have smoked the last couple of days when people came around, but I didn't. I see my life moving in the way I've always wanted to, inch by inch.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

today, I'm grateful for:
1. got my car fixed yesterday and it's working and sounding good.
2. being my own boss
3. moving forward on a few fronts, but mostly on the staying clean front. I don't need that stuff in my life anymore- it just makes my life worst, not better.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

got side tracked on the weekend and forgot to come here - had company.
But here I am, Monday morning and full of gratitude !
I am so grateful for
1. the place I'm in right now. I have a building I fully restored and it looks great , full of really good tenants.
2. I love the space I'm in. I feel at soon to be 52, I'm in a good place in my life. I have a few more hurdles to climb, but I'm getting closer to a comfortable home/lifestyle.
3. I am grateful to be free of TM. He's an alcohlic and I don't need nor want to have him around me everyday. Time has come for him to go find his own life, drinking or doing whatever he wants , but NOT around me ! I will not tolerate his mood swings anymore, nor his lies and deceit. He's a good person with a bad addiction, but I can't help him. God knows I've tried to no avail - I accept that now and let him go.
4. I'm looking forward to continuing to shape my lifestle/habits in positive ways.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today, I am grateful for
1. being able to figure out challenges I wasn't trained for. I solved a mystery of a water leak yesterday without the help of my usual guy , who happens to be the drunk I can no longer have around. Now, today I need to fix it, but I think I can , on my own !
2. I'm grateful for my brother yesterday, who had scaffolding I needed and lent it to me.
3. I'm grateful to have a roof over my head and food on the table, as my dad used to say.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Water leaks!!

Just found my leak too, finally.

Don't be afraid of Youtube...I use it all the time. lol Helped me fix a number of things.

Have a good day happycampers.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

I am grateful to have air in my lungs food in my stomach and a roof over my head
Old 09-30-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I am great full that God granted me 28 years with my wonderful daughter before she left this life
Old 10-06-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

today, I'm grateful for;

-my family- I put myself in a bad spot financially, short-term and my family was willing to loan me some $$$ for two months, which then I will have paid back ! It was majorly stressful having to ask them, but I was forunate they said yes. This will be the last time I put myself in such a spot when it doesn't need to be that way. I made some poor decisions that I have to work through
-I got the leak fixed
-I insulated and closed up some windows etc. for winter
- I'm clean today
- I have a clear goal to accomplish , that will lead me to living a completely new life. Hoping to have my work done within a few months.
-I'm grateful to have Tm out of my life. I don't need an alcoholic around me, using me for his habits.
-I'm grateful to have a bright future ahead as long as I keep making good choices and decisions.