Notices

*TheRealSean's Gratitude List

Old 07-04-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up *TheRealSean's Gratitude List

Well, it has been well over several months since I have posted anything here and I think it's time to brush off the old ego and let loose upon the "interwebs".

It's funny I came across this concept today because my addiction counselor really pushed the idea of making a gratitude journal to further appreciate my surroundings.

I'm going to save some trees today and just write my 3 daily "happy happy's" right here.

04/07/2014

1) Being Sober TODAY

Big shock, but obviously the most important aspect of my life to be grateful for. I'm on day 220 of recovery, drink and smoke free. What's important though is to live in the present, I'm happy for today and today only; the future is never certain and causes doubt.

2) Lasik is the bomb!

Almost a month ago, I had an operation on my eyes to correct my vision. The results are nothing short of astounding and I am enjoying my new eyes. I'm very lucky to have my father who paid for it. I recommend the Bochner Institute in Toronto if you're interested! Note: No, sadly I cannot shoot lasers out of my eyes now. I know, disappointed.

3) Family, my support group

Everyone needs a support group to stay on the road to recovery. Many do not have a good relationship with their family through the hard times, myself being no exception. Throughout recovery, my family has been my rock to talk to and have helped me engage fiercely in my college program. My family has honestly saved my life, especially when I needed them while serving time. Kudos to family.

Thanks for reading, and remember be grateful for every sober breath!
Old 07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome Post TheRealSean!
Old 07-04-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Sean. I'm grateful you are sober too, and out saving trees....and being happy happy!

What a lovely update.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello again people from the void, thanks for the positive comments on my last post! Usually I like to post my "happy happy's" in the morning to start the day with an uplifted spirit but duty called (I dyed some t-shirts randomly like a boss).

05/07/2014

1) My beautiful girlfriend and soul-mate

There's a saying that goes "everybody needs somebody". Relationships can have both a positive or negative impact on your life. Keeping those you love close and those who bring you down far away is necessary for the overall success of your recovery. I'm grateful that my partner of almost 2 years has been very supportive of my efforts to stay off the angry juice.

2) Better Lifestyle!

As soon as I made the decision to change my life I knew that nutrition had to be a staple from there onwards. Alcohol dehydrates the body and practically saps vitamins and minerals from you, leaving you tired and unhealthy. Taking a multivitamin, eating more vegetarian (trust me, those veggie burgers are delicious), and having a small exercise routine daily really helps make you feel normal again after withdrawal. Always remember, baby steps.

3) Sober Recovery Forums

Thank you Sober Recovery! Without you, I could not express my heartfelt gratitude towards life and my new beginnings. I hope to add positive and beneficial posts on your boards for everyone who is a part of this great and supportive community.

Beam me up Scotty.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It gets serious @ update número 3.

06/07/2014

1) A roof over my head

At last I feel very secure about my living arrangements. My father, the greatest man in the world, is gracious enough to pay my rent while going to college. Originally, I moved out at 18 after being at my mother's which was way too strenuous as she too is an alcoholic. That being said, I quickly used this freedom to my dubious advantage to get hammered regularly at my previous landlord's abodes. This resulted in many evictions because i just couldn't control myself once I went past the point of no return. I'm glad now I represent myself to others well and am moving into my own apartment soon!

2) Honest paycheck

I have had jobs before, many actually, but the reason for working was mostly to afford all the partying and harder drugs I used a few years ago. I recently became employed once more and feel completely grateful I can make an honest paycheck that goes towards my own life and not the liquor store.

3) Clean and Tidy Basement

Quite random, but I have finally cleaned my basement apartment today and now can rest knowing the spiders that crawl around at night have no dust bunnies in which to call home anymore.

Stay Sober and be grateful!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Looks like I missed out on a few days, busy times. Basically, my first real job after recovery has taken it's toll on my body. At least by 2015 I'll be ripped from carrying boxes to and from a freezer.

12/07/2014

1) Being able to forgive

Eventually, you must start forgiving yourself and everyone when appropriate to fully alleviate some of the guilt that possibly plagues your past. Forgiving someone, is a lot better than being the one saying sorry sometimes.

2 Actually having fun on the job

Just started a brand new position at a brand new grocery store and I feel sore but relieved. Many times starting something new during recovery can be stressful. I'm glad that my first shift yesterday was actually enjoyable because I know I worked my butt off.

3) Keep on Keeping on - Les Brown

Motivation. What is it that keeps you from going down and coming back again and again? Everyday I listen to youtube videos by various authors that focus on inspirational quotes from famous motivational speakers such as Les Brown, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Eric Thomas. I appreciate the people who put in the time to give me some extra juice during my day.