Notices

I am grateful...

Old 06-16-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am grateful...

I am grateful for finding God, AA and this site which helps keep me focused on recovery when I'm at home. I am also grateful for my wife who has not sat by idle, but attacked this disease as if her own life depended on it. I am also grateful for my wonderful children who have and continue to love me despite of everything!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Ultradad, I am grateful you are here at SoberRecovery. In a short time, you have contributed a lot of support.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that I woke-up sober and remember the night before. I am able to spend time with my family and actually be present in their lives! I used to thank about how much I needed them, but now I see how much that actually need me too! I am grateful to God for all the struggles that led me to sobriety and for the miracles I get to see every day!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for a wonderful nights sleep! I had a nice bed to sleep in, my beautiful wife by my side and my children near by! I woke up to hugs and kisses! What more could a man desire?

I owe it ALL to God who is doing for me what I can not do for myself!
Old 06-20-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for my higher power whom I call God! I have struggled over the years with the concept of 'GOD' and my views have changed many times over. All I know is that it took me hitting rock bottom for me to be able to look up/inside or better yet, outside of myself! "OH GOD, please help me," are the words I uttered that have started the journey that has given me a new life, a sober, spiritual life! I still have lot's of questions about 'spiritual' matters, but for now I'm convinced that God is in fact doing for me what I could never do for myself and for that I am eternally grateful!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for real friends! One of my good friends is visiting for the first time since I stopped drinking. He has been so supportive and I have very few friends in my life and especially ones that don't drink to excess. I am really grateful for him and thank God for putting people like this into my life.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that I was healthy enough to do a bit of trail running! Running trails and Ultra Endurance races are my passion. I've been injured with a knee issue since my last 100 miler, but today my friend that's visiting and I did a little trail running and my heart is so happy! After that we went back to the house and took the kids all walking through the trails picking some wild plumbs and other foraging goodies : ) All and all a beautiful day and I thank you God foe allowing me to enjoy it and I didn't have to drink today...always a blessing!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that I am awake early and I can remember everything that happen last night. I didn't have to pickup a drink to feel normal or escape my life. I was able to kiss my wife and watch my kids as they lay sleeping. So blessed!