Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 10-06-2004, 01:45 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I'm grateful today that I have the opportunity to give back what was so freely given to me. I will be speaking at a detox at 6pm. I pray that I may say something to help someone stay clean today.

Have a safe and sober day Eddie and Richie.

Love and Hugs....Sherry
Old 10-06-2004, 04:15 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I grateful that I'm sitting here at my computer writing this instead of getting high!It's been 38 days now since I quit.
I know you'll be an inspiration to someone tonight,Sherry.You already have been to me.
Eddie,I'm glad I didn't find those plants.But I think if I had I just might have stomped on them.It's nice to think that anyway!

GOD BLESS Y'ALL!!!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:28 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
sam082602

Hello, Eddie & Sherry!! The pain has got worse, not better, so I keep praying that the pain will just go away!! I got a job at Denny's and I go to orientation on Thursday, at 5:15pm (yes, tomorrow)!! Things are really bad here at home.....Russell is still doing what he always does, but since I'm not sick like I was last year, I miss him when he is doing his deal so last Sunday, I went with him and faked it the whole night even though I was miserable!! He came home an hour ago and took some money and left!! No sex tonight!! It is hard to stay sober in this environment but I just don't leave for some reason!! Plus, my computer has been acting up and it is rare that my internet explorer is not performing an illegal function and closing on me!! I just got lucky tonight I guess!! I'm sorry I made ya'll worry!! Just so much pain!! Hugs & luv, Samantha

Old 10-06-2004, 06:13 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Sherry!
Hey, Richie, congrats on your 38 days!
Sam, WOW! You got a job! That's awesome. I'm sorry things are sucking so bad otherwise, though. We are all thinking about you, honey.
Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 10-07-2004, 09:43 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

So glad to hear that you are still alive, Sam. We've been worried. Congrats on the job, prayers about the misery.

Good job Richie. Today should be 39! Keep on keepin' on! Thanks for your words of encouragement. I did do good, with the help of God.

Eddie, my friend. Always a pleasure to hear from you. Keep up the good work.

Love and Hugs........Sherry
Old 10-07-2004, 05:49 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

39 it is,Sherry!And that alone is an unbelievable blessing for me!I hope you and Eddie have had a great day.And Sam I pray that things will get better for you and the pain will turn to joy!God Bless you all!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:47 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Way to go Richie. One day at a time, the blessings add up. I pray that God will watch over us and keep us out of harm's way. Help us to keep our recovery close to our hearts, and the addictions out of our way! It's a true blessing to have met such wonderful people here.

Love and Hugs.......Sherry
Old 10-08-2004, 07:29 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

My prayers are for continued protection and guidance. Watch over us.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:20 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

There are so many things to be thankful for tonight.I pray that I can stop getting angry at all the little meaningless annoyances and focus on the blessings all around me.I thank God for a new beginning and for the friends I have met here.I pray that He bless you all with whatever it is that you need in your life!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:27 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Sherry, Richie, and Samantha! So grateful today for the sparkle in the eyes of the women at the H&I meeting I chaired this morning (even though it sounds corny)! Grateful to be able to give back!
Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 10-11-2004, 07:58 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Eddie, that doesn't sound corny at all. It is pretty cool to see the spakle in the eyes of the newcomer. And to be able to share some E, S, and H with them. Way cool!

Glad to see you hanging in there Richie. It will get better. In the beginning our emotions seem to be all out of whack. Just keep praying and your higher power will get you through it.

Hey Sam, where are you? Your in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you are, please.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:41 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Although it isn't bedtime for me yet...I don't have access to a computer at night, so I'm going to say my gratitude prayer right now.
I'm grateful of being able to finally let go and for the serenity that is accompanying that.
I pray that my sister has the strength to continue on now that she is undergoing chemo and radiation therapy to destroy the cancerous tumor they recently found. I pray that she doesn't give up the fight and that the sickness isn't too much to bear.
Finally, I'm grateful for all my friends here at SR and I hope that they keep on keeping on as the days go by.

:tri
Danielle
Old 10-12-2004, 01:00 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Welcome to the thread, Danielle! Punk rockers are MORE than welcome, actually. We will all pray for your sister...and for you, of course.

Today, I am grateful that Danielle has joined us; for a good workout this morning; for Pony; and for being without the obsession to use drugs! Hallelujah, it's a miracle!

Love and hugs, y'all,
Eddie
Old 10-12-2004, 04:19 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hey everyone!My son wrecked his car yesterday and I am grateful that he wasn't hurt.I am grateful that God is watching over us(even when I get mad at him)
Welcome to this really cool thread,Danielle,and I will pray for your sister.I hope the best for you both.Incidently I was a punk before Johnny Rotten and crew ever made it to America.I vaguely remember those days well.
Sam I hope you're okay.
Eddie and Sherry,thanks for being on this thread!
God bless you all.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:14 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hey Danielle, welcome to the thread. I'm sorry to hear about your sister and I will keep her and you in my prayers.

Richie, glad to hear that your son is ok. Too bad that he wrecked his car, but at least he didn't wreck his life.

Eddie, it's always a pleasure to talk with you. Keep on working your program, and chairing that meeting. Isn't it great to give back what we have been so freely given?

Sam, where are you? I pray everything is ok with you.

Tonight I pray that God watch over all of us. Keep us safe and keep our desire to stay clean strong.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:09 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Richie
I vaguely remember those days well.

Richie,
You're welcome! I, too, am glad your son is OK. So, were you a Stooges/Dolls/Heartbreakers/Ramones fan, or what? I've always been confused about what/who was FIRST called "punk," other than the Ramones. I'm a big fan of the " '77 " British punkā€”the Pistols, the Clash, the Damned, Buzzcocks, the Stranglers, the Adverts, etc. I don't know the American stuff so well, except the Ramones, of course. God Bless 'Em and may they Rest in Peace!

My 10th-grade 1983 attempt at "punk." Precious, no?

Sherry,
Yes! I am SO grateful to be able to give back. I thought I said that, but it won't hurt to say it again, will it? Have to go walk now. Later...

Love and hugs, Eddie

P.S. Hey, Sam and tobstah the toastah!!
Old 10-13-2004, 07:30 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Precious indeed Eddie!
Old 10-13-2004, 09:22 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Danielle!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:39 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hey Eddie.Cute picture!It was the Dolls that took me from glitter to punk.By 83 I was in my holy-roller phase(didn't last long).I was in a band called the Bloody Cows back in seventy four.We were going to call our first album Songs About Meat.Pretty horrible when I think back on it!Thank you and Sherry for your replies.My son took it better than I did!I'm grateful tonight that I've still managed to stay straight.
Danielle and Sam I hope you're both doing okay.
God bless you all!
Old 10-13-2004, 07:50 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Richie! So...'74, huh? Does that pre-date punk or would that be a transitional period? And did the Bloody Cows actually do any Songs about Meat? It does sound pretty horrible. But, hey, I was in a band called Screaming Pieces...I was the piece...of meat. Hahaha. We covered Black Flag and the Circle Jerks, I think.

Well, I have two exams tomorrow, so I need to go. I'll do the gratitude thing another time. Love and hugses, Eddie