Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 12-08-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 981 (permalink)  

Hey Kevin, Eddie, Jen, Danielle, and Richie. Wow....this thread is growing! Glad that everyone is doing well. I am grateful that I spoke to an intelligent person today in the child support unit. My youngest son lives with his Dad. I pay support. It got behind in the end of my using and I was without a job for almost a year. Back support is owed. Well, they were trying to take it out of both jobs, leaving me with maybe $100 a week to live on between both. I have a 16 year old with me. How can I live on that? Well, I didn't get high over it. I cried and yelled, then called them this morning. They are going to terminate the payment from the second job. Back to $50 a week. I don't mind paying it, I am his mother. I'm grateful that my father was there to calm me down. Thank you God for watching out for me, and protecting me from my addiction last night! I now have 2 days clean. All done with the pot. It won't work. I'm grateful for seeing that light, too!

Have a great day, family.......

Love and Hugs

Sherry
Old 12-08-2005, 05:34 PM
  # 982 (permalink)  
No expectations!

CONGRATS on 2 days clean, Sherry!! I'm glad that you didn't get high over that mess, too.

I am grateful that I don't have to be on call anymore this month.

And I'm grateful to have my little bit of Christmas shopping done. I'm only buying for the family this year. I did it all online and a lot on eBay, which is a lot of fun, I think. But I can see how it could be addictive, too. LOL.

Have a peaceful night, y'all!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-08-2005, 08:50 PM
  # 983 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for the gift of life and the knowledge that no matter how bad things may seem now, as long as I stay sober, it will get better.

Love and hugs,
Cheryl
Old 12-09-2005, 04:10 AM
  # 984 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's the spirit, Cheryl!! Keep it up!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-09-2005, 12:12 PM
  # 985 (permalink)  

Hi gang. Day 3 here. Grateful that I heard the suggestions when I was in the rooms regularly. I have the tools in my belt, even if they are slightly rusted. I am going to clean them up and start using them. Time to move forward, one day at a time, of course. I do not have to use today, no matter what! I just keep telling myself that.

Sherry
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM
  # 986 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
I'm glad to see you are all doing well.Congratulations on day 3,Sherry.
I hope you all will have a safe and sober holidays.
Now I need some advice from a certified pharmacist.So here is my question,Eddie.I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.Should I stop listening to Blue Oyster Cult?

God bless you all.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:44 PM
  # 987 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Richie
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.Should I stop listening to Blue Oyster Cult?

God bless you all.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:08 PM
  # 988 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Not beddy bye time here but I can still do the grateful bit and I am grateful. Today I will be grateful for everything while I give it all over to my Higher Power.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:01 PM
  # 989 (permalink)  

((((Eddie, Sherry, Richie, Kevin, Danielle, Cheryl))))

Happy to hear that everyone is clean and sober and doing well. I made Rice Krispie Bars tonight. Yum! Did a bunch of step work today and met with my sponsor earlier. The depression has held off today and for that I am grateful.

Sweet dreams. :sleeping:
Old 12-10-2005, 10:14 AM
  # 990 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, y'all, Sherry, Cheryl, Richie, Phinny, Kevin, and Danielle!!

Richie,
I don't know either. Maybe some more cowbell isn't such a bad idea. The fever should resolve on its own whether you apply more BOC or not.

I am grateful that I had to take a drug test today because I had a drug dream last night in which I was trying to figure out how to use without getting caught. What an interesting coincidence, huh?

I am also grateful that I finally got to catch up on my rest last night after being on call last weekend and working all week. I went to bed early and slept over 11 hours. I feel good today!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 991 (permalink)  

Hey everyone.

I know what ya mean about the sleep. I slept for 10 hours last night. I really needed it, we both did....lol.

I am grateful for the new womens meeting that is starting tonight at 6 pm. My best friend and I are going. It should be good.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Sherry
Old 12-10-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 992 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hope you enjoy the meeting, Sherry! I am going to my home group tonight for the first time in several weeks. I'm kind of nervous, actually. I can't believe how long it's been since I went to ANY meeting and especially how long it's been since I went to my home group. I still need to put some more effort into making meetings now that I'm working again. I was pretty slack before I started this job and now it's even worse. I need to use the phone more, too. I can't remember the last time I called my sponsor and I've only tried to call my pharmacist monitor once in about a month. I'm supposed to talk to her at least weekly. Maybe I should go try to call her now...

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-11-2005, 06:13 PM
  # 993 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful that my friend J. called and asked me for a ride to the meeting this morning. She had surgery last week and was on medication so she didn't want to drive. It's so great to feel needed and to be of service!

And I am grateful to have gotten most of my laundry put away. It had been piling up and I was having trouble finding stuff to wear to work. Now I have to go get the whites out of the dryer and put them away...maybe. LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-11-2005, 09:25 PM
  # 994 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful that my HP friuends family and Guardian Angel don't give up on me even when I am so negative and have such little faith.

I will do well at the interviews tomorrow and whatever the outcome will remember that the work is there for the taking and the phone rings, its only a matter of timing.

Kevin
Old 12-12-2005, 03:48 AM
  # 995 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's right, nogard!! I'm sure you'll be great!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-12-2005, 06:19 AM
  # 996 (permalink)  

(((Kev))) You will do great!!!

Just checking in to say I'm just grateful. Too many things to list. For life is my answer now.

Sherry
Old 12-12-2005, 03:56 PM
  # 997 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie,Sherry,Kevin,Cheryl,Danielle,Phinny, and Jen,
It is great to see you all in such good spirits.I'm grateful for you all.And for my wonderful family who still love me after all these years.
I watched Elf again last night.I love that movie!Remember,the best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing out loud for all to hear.
God bless.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 998 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I need to see Elf again myself. I love Zooey Deschanel!

Tonight I am grateful for another good day! I worked out before work, showered and actually conditioned my hair with some nice new stuff. Had a typically busy Monday at work. I tanned with some new lotion on my way home.

I am also grateful for all the loot that arrived today. Nice smelling things, sexy underwear, and more. I love online shopping! Especially eBay. LOL. I think I'm going to try my hand at selling some stuff now. I need to get some money out of it, rather than just spending it.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-14-2005, 05:30 AM
  # 999 (permalink)  

Elf is a funny movie. I think I'll go rent it again.

Today I am grateful that I get into the movies for free. I took my son and his friend to see the Chronicles of Narnia. What an excellent movie. I highly recommend it. It's a little long, but it's not dragged out.

I am off to work. Have a great day everyone.

Sherry
Old 12-15-2005, 04:04 AM
  # 1000 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Sherry!

I am grateful that I read all the Chronicles of Narnia as a child. I used to look for wardrobes so I could go to Narnia. LOL. My favorite was the sixth book, the Magician's Nephew, which explains how Narnia came to be. I don't know how many times I read that one.

Hubby wants the computer now. Y'all have a good day!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie