Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 10-06-2005, 04:09 PM
  # 821 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Cheryl)))))

I am grateful for not having to go to work early today so that I had time to work out at Gold's AND at home beforehand. I did weights at the gym and cardio at home.

And I am grateful for Papa John's spinach Alfredo pan pizza. Had some left from last night and ate it for supper tonight. Delicious!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-07-2005, 05:25 PM
  # 822 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful to be trusted with the responsibilities of being on call for the pharmacy this weekend. It is an honor to me. I can't believe I have keys and a pager. LOL.

I am also grateful for the RAIN! We have really needed it and it sounds so soothing, too.

Think I'm going to just snuggle up under the covers and fall asleep to that sound. Have a great weekend, everybody!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-08-2005, 10:17 AM
  # 823 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie,Danielle,and Cheryl,
It's raining cats and dogs here today,which means I am going to nap all afternoon.
Have a great day,you all.
:sleeping:
Old 10-08-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 824 (permalink)  
No expectations!

It's just drizzling here right now.

I am grateful that I got a good night's sleep AFTER having to go in to the pharmacy for a couple of hours last night.

And I am grateful that I have been able to take care of the calls I have had with relatively few problems. Let's hope the rest of the weekend goes as smoothly!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-10-2005, 06:19 PM
  # 825 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I am grateful that we got our internet fixed today.It's been down for a couple of days.The guy from Cox came out and gave us a new modem.
I hope you are all doing well.Did you get your cd player out so you could listen to the Clash,Eddie?
God bless.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 826 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey everyone!

I'm grateful that I didn't freak out for my Psych 225 exam...meaning I did pretty well.

I'm grateful that Sherbear made it back, again.

I'm grateful that I'm finally getting over this annoying cold...even though my ears still pop everytime I swallow.

I'm grateful for being open to HP's Master plan and that I will be reconnecting with my high school music teacher and getting back into playing (big yay!)

Danielle
Old 10-12-2005, 03:25 PM
  # 827 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everybody,
Tonight I'm grateful that all my kids are out for a while and I have a little peace and quit here.I kinda miss them though.
Now where's Eddie.She must be working hard this week.
God bless you all.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:18 PM
  # 828 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for good friends.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:36 PM
  # 829 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yes, working hard, but no, I have not yet exhumed my CD player in the car.

I am grateful for the Virgin Suicides soundtrack and glad I bought it, although it's rather sad music.

And I am grateful for my job again. It is going so well! Knock on wood.

Danielle,
What do you play?

Hey, Richie!! Hey, Cheryl!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-14-2005, 05:35 PM
  # 830 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful tonight that it's Friday and I'm not on call. I am tired but content and looking forward to the weekend.

And I am grateful for my new co-workers. Everybody seems to work so well together and get along pretty well, too. It's like a new family or something. I must make an effort, though, to stay involved with my NA family as well. There's so much at work I just have to keep my mouth shut about, you know?

Hope all have a wonderful weekend!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-15-2005, 10:12 AM
  # 831 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

It's saturday! I got a big pack of pork chops to fry and a copy of Kicking and Screaming with Will Farrell to watch. I hope you are all having a great weekend.
Hey Eddie.Next time you go to Sober Musicians check out the signature that Dan made for me.It's got Ian Dury in it.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:13 AM
  # 832 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I did. Very cool, Richie!! Sounds like you have a great fun day planned. I am at the library this afternoon, "supervising" the computer lab, which means I have free high-speed internet the next couple of hours. Wheee!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-15-2005, 01:18 PM
  # 833 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Eddie and Richie!

I'm at the library too, cathching up on some internet time (the only time I allow myself to play!) I have an Anatomy exam on Monday that I have to study for and I'm grateful I have the whole weekend to do it. Though I will probably really dig in on Sunday *lol*.

Eddie--I started off with the piano at 10 and then I starting playing the oboe in Concert Band at 11 and the alto sax in Marching band at 15. Yep--I *AM* a band dork and mighty proud of it!!! I was also involved in Theatre and Chorus--but band was mainly my thing. When I was younger I really wanted to be a famous classical musician--but that was a result of my "alcoholic" thinking of needing the best and the center of attention. I am gifted musically, but that just wasn't my path to follow. I'm glad that I'm getting back into it though, because it did give me a lot of joy and happiness!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's looking really nice outside, and I need to get to my 5 o'clock Big Book study pretty soon!

Ta-Ta
Danielle
Old 10-16-2005, 04:47 AM
  # 834 (permalink)  
No expectations!

So what are you playing these days? Alto sax? I played oboe in fifth and sixth grade myself but then wound up playing upright bass through high school. So I was an orchestra geek. Now I occasionally pick up a guitar and strum a few chords, but the main thing I play is the CD player. LOL. Best wishes on that anatomy exam, Danielle!!

I am grateful for a good day yesterday. I got to tan, lift weights, work at the library, make a good supper, and go to my home group. It was a good meeting although quite a bit smaller than the last time I went on Saturday. I did get reminded once again that I need to make more meetings.

And I am grateful still that I am sleeping well these days—falling asleep fast and yet able to get up early enough to work out before work most mornings. I don't think my sleep has been this good and regular since high school!

Have a great Sunday, all!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-16-2005, 11:03 AM
  # 835 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Good stuff, huh, Eddie? Having a regular sleep schedule--it totally helps with our daily activities. That's something I took for granted until I decided to get sober--and those nasty withdrawals didn't allow for me to sleep for a few days straight. Ugh...don't miss that one bit!!!

I'm getting back into playing the oboe. That was my love and my life for a long time. Unfortunately I was so riddled with performance anxiety that it brought up a TON of fear as well. My poor music teacher (the one I mentioned in my earlier post) saw the talent in me and tried...and tried...AND tried to help me overcome that and it just seemed to make it worse. Did you ever play at what we call "Solo and Ensemble"? That's where you either play as a soloist or with some other people in front of a judge and they rank you on your abilities. I finally went my Sophomore year in HS as a soloist on my oboe, and that same teacher decided to be my accompianist on the piano. I loved working with him and he really tried to help me, but still--that anxiety was just so paralyzing and I couldn't seem to shake it. It's not until now where I'm finally dealing with the root cause of that fear that I'm thinking that I'm able to perform again in front of an audience. I knew the time would come where I would be involved in music again...because it's such a HUGE part of me and it really brings me closer to God in such an amazing way.

So, you played the stand up bass? That's soooo cool. I always wanted to start playing a stinged instrument, and I have a friend who taught violin lessons. I tried a couple times, and according to her I had a pretty good tone...so I don't know. Maybe someday. Um...guitar...yeah, that's hard. It's like my fingers just don't want to stretch and hold it right or something. Hard to explain. The bass seemed easier, but that's because it has less strings and less stretching. If you really liked music and you liked performing...you should get back into it! I'm glad I am. Right now...I'm looking to rent out another oboe, since I sold mine a couple years ago. I can't afford a new one, but they have music stores around here that offer rent-to-own purchase options. I would also like to find a private teacher to help with my technique, and then I want to audition for my school's orchestra next semester. I think it would be so awesome to be part of a group again.

Wow...this turned out to be a long post. So...it's about time that I start studying.

Later, y'all!

Danielle
Old 10-16-2005, 06:18 PM
  # 836 (permalink)  
No expectations!

No, I never soloed or played in small groups. That's pretty much a jazz thing when it comes to bass and I played classical. I think the only time I performed alone was my audition for Governor's School and that was with my orchestra teacher so it wasn't too nerve-wracking.

Guitar I just strum chords 'cause I'm left-handed but play right-handed. And I never could get the hang of holding a pick with my non-dominant hand. I tried singing for a while, but only ever performed once and that was pretty much a disaster due to an extreme lack of preparation. Talk about performance anxiety! I was holding the lyric sheets and shaking so that the paper rattled in the microphone. Really embarrassing.

I am grateful tonight for hot showers and clean hair. I may have to get this mess chopped off soon because it's getting hard to wash it.

Also grateful for getting to walk at the park with my mom and see someone else's dahlias. The lady who gave me most of my bulbs has some planted nearby and we went to see them today. If you think mine are spectacular...

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-17-2005, 09:21 AM
  # 837 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Cool Eddie--myself, I never had a "green thumb" so I never got into gardening. My mom is really into it. I have helped her plant some flowers around the house in the Spring and it was pretty relaxing. But, I just don't have what it takes to keep something like that up.
My mom planted some Morning Glories this past Spring and HOLY COW...they totally took over the trelis she used for them to grow up. She originally got a small one and I guess she didn't anticipate them taking off like they did. It's totally ****-eyed now by the weight of the flowers and I tried to tie string to it and pull it back against the house, but that didn't happen. Now it's all leaning forward with the vines growing up the stings.
Well, I'm grateful that I think I did really well on my Anatomy exam. The prof lets us keep the test, so I checked my answers when I got home. I think I missed about 5 which would give me a 90%. YAY!!!

I almost forgot to ask...is that a picture of your cat with a mohawk!?! That's TOO funny!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 838 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Around here, morning glories are just weeds to be pulled for reasons you have already discovered. No, that's not one of my kitties, just something I found on the 'Net. My kitties can be seen on the Pets thread.

I am grateful to be settled on a medication regimen such that I don't have to see the shrink every month anymore. I am "stable." LOL.

And I am grateful that today was so busy at work that it just flew by and we still got done before six.

Have a great night, y'all!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-18-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 839 (permalink)  
No expectations!

So grateful to be appreciated at work and to feel like I am doing a good job there!

And grateful that perhaps one more dahlia plant may bloom before the frost.

Time to :sleeping:!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 840 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm grateful to get home from work.And for my recliner.
I'm glad things are going good at your new job,Eddie.
You all have a great evening.