Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 09-18-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 781 (permalink)  

It was so great to see that Sherry stopped in here!! Sherry , you are in my prayers!

Sorry I haven't been around. I had to do more research too. I'm 6 days clean now and I'm grateful that I am doing better. I am very grateful for my life and the breathe that is still in my body because that means that there is still hope. I got so beaten down in my using that I lost all hope and feel into the arms of despair. But today.....little by little..........the hope and joy of my heart are returning to me!

Take care my dear friends!!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 09-19-2005, 04:13 AM
  # 782 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you for sharing, Cheryl!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-19-2005, 01:47 PM
  # 783 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie,Danielle,and Cheryl,
I'm grateful to have made it thru another manic monday.I hope you are all doing well today.I keep Sherry and all of you in my prayers.
Eddie,my son laughed his ass off watching the movie!
God bless.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 784 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I'm glad he enjoyed it!

I'm grateful for being able to have soda delivered along with pizza. I was so thirsty. lol.

And grateful for Dusty's split toenail not being too serious. He went to the vet today and I was afraid they would have to remove it or something, but supposedly it should heal on its own. That's a relief!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-20-2005, 06:23 PM
  # 785 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful for being able to make good sweet tea. It's an art, you know? lol.

And grateful that I actually got up early and went to the gym to lift before work. Now I have to make it a habit!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-20-2005, 07:07 PM
  # 786 (permalink)  

Eddie,
That sweet tea sounds delicious!!!

I'm grateful for the warm dinner that a friend cooked for my family earlier. It was so good and filling. I am also grateful that I ran for 30 minutes today. I still have to work on the eating part of the plan, but at least I'm already exercising.

Love,
Cheryl
Old 09-20-2005, 07:20 PM
  # 787 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I always say exercise is crucial! You go, girl!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 788 (permalink)  

I am hoping that the exercise will relieve some of the depression and anxiety. They say that it is a great way to release some of that. I'll see in time. I am staying optimistic about it.

Love,
Cheryl
Old 09-20-2005, 07:29 PM
  # 789 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Exercise IS great for depression, especially if done outdoors in the sunshine. I'm a big believer in sunshine as well as exercise. Which reminds me, I need to go to bed soon, so I can get up early and go to the gym.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-21-2005, 02:46 PM
  # 790 (permalink)  

I'm trying to get all happy and excited about exercising today. I ate too much and I feel more like sleeping. But, exercise is probably the better choice for today.

I'm grateful just to be able to have that choice today.

Last time I ran, I got chased down by two big dogs. Freightening experience but can laugh about it now. I also saw a snake in the road yesterday. My runs are like big adventures. wonder what is out there today? hehe.

Love,
Cheryl
Old 09-21-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 791 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie and Cheryl and Danielle,
It's been a long hard day today so I'm going to exercise my mouth tonight with some ice cream and cookies.
Like Jack Black said in School of Rock-"I like to eat!"
Have a great evening,ladies.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
  # 792 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Somehow I don't remember that particular line although I saw School of Rock several times.

I am grateful for another good Friday at work, getting out before 6PM. I worked a different position today and was congratulated for a job well done!

And I'm grateful for my dahlias once again. A new one is opening up and also one that has only had one blossom so far, so I'm excited about them again.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-23-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 793 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

It was when he was trying to console the black girl who sang like Aretha because she was embarassed about her size.
I glad it's Friday and I can sleep in in the morning.
Have a good night,Eddie.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:19 PM
  # 794 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Oh, OK, I kind of remember now.

I'm glad I can sleep in the morning,too!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-23-2005, 09:27 PM
  # 795 (permalink)  

I get to sleep in a little bit later too. I am so glad that I can. I have suffered from insomnia this past week so hopefully I can get to sleep tonight.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:38 AM
  # 796 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Did you get some sleep last night, C? I hope so.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-25-2005, 05:38 PM
  # 797 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Evening ladies and gentleman

I just got back from a weekend trip up north Michigan, and I'm grateful for the good weather we had. The leaves haven't started to change yet, but that was because of our extra hot summer. It was still really pretty and I'm grateful that I was able to enjoy it totally sober. I think the last time I was up there for the weekend, I was completely stoned the entire time. I'm also grateful that I was able to go 4-wheeling through these awesome trails in the woods. My quads are ACHING now though because I found this really hilly trail that was pretty steep, and I had to hold myself on by my thighs. I'm grateful for the s'mores we made by the camp fire (yummmmm!) and for the cookies my second cousins baked.
I hope everyone has another great week...I've got an Anatomy exam tommorow I gotta go study for! Wish me luck!

Danielle
Old 09-25-2005, 05:50 PM
  # 798 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks for sharing, Danielle!! Anatomy, huh? All that memorization! Well, best wishes on that!!

I am grateful for an overall good weekend. I went to my home group last night and, for this area, it was a really big meeting. It was good to see folks and get lots of hugs.

I'm grateful that my psych pharm lectures would play on my mom's computer better than here at home. I got some good studying done over there today.

Get some good sleep tonight, Danielle! Now where's Richie?
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-25-2005, 05:55 PM
  # 799 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that I had a good nights sleep Saturday night. I slept at my grandparent's house for the weekend and it was good to see them aside from the crazy antics of my mom and uncle. Sleeping in that bed at their house was much better than sleeping on the floor at my apartment.

Danielle, thanks for sharing that! It is great that you had a good time and got to have a great time on the trails and see the beauty of nature.

Eddie, sounds like a great meeting that you went to! Must have been a great experience!

I have a big psychology test this Wednesday. I still have some catch up reading to do and lots of stuff to learn on human development.

Oh, and I found out today that I am going to be an aunt for the first time!!! I'm so excited!!

Love and hugs,
Cheryl
Old 09-26-2005, 04:57 AM
  # 800 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Congratulations, C!! And best wishes on that exam, too!! Is is developmental psych? I took that once long ago.

Love and hugs,
Eddie