SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude Prayer (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/33499-bedtime-gratitude-prayer.html)

Jalyn 11-02-2004 05:14 AM

I meant to post a prayer before bed last night and forgot....I love coming here and reading all the positive blessings we all appreciate.

I am grateful for every 24 hours of sobriety. I go to bed and thank God for the day that I was able to make it through with help from His Higher Power.

I am grateful for things that never change. I am grateful for the beauty of the seasons, for good friends who are always there for you, for the ability to take care of my family.

I am grateful for a great job that helps us keep afloat.

I am grateful that we live in a democracy where we are free and can vote for our leaders.

I am grateful for AA and the peace that can be found in their rooms.

And again, I am grateful for all of you and the steadfast resolve I feel here.

Have a great day!! Jalyn

Congrats to Sherry!! Day 72 for me and I love hearing where people are in their journey. It gives me hope and inspiration.

squirrelly77 11-02-2004 12:41 PM

Tonight, I'm grateful for a fun filled, sober Halloween. I AM enjoying my new digs, completelely!
This past weekend, Monday and Today we've been trying to straighten everything out at the office. We moved to a different location too. Total chaos, but now I have a pretty, new desk and area. So, I'm totally enjoying that. For sure!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. And more good holiday fun to come!

May this thread find everyone in a great mood I hope everyone has a good night.

Love to all,
Danielle :wave:

sherbear5104 11-02-2004 07:17 PM

Hey gang,

Tonight I am grateful that someone who had gone back out found her way back to detox. I am grateful that uncle Marvin moved out yesterday, and hasn't been back! I will be praying for all my friends here to have a beautiful day tomorrow. Thank you God for allowing me to have another sober 24 hours!

Sherry

sherbear5104 11-04-2004 05:30 AM

I am so grateful that I could help someone yesterday. I was asked to speak at a meeting, and I just prayed that God would say the right things through me. I was a nervous wreck, but I made it. Afterwards I had a few people come up and tell me that I had touched them. I don't really remember all I said, but I know my higher power was in control.

I am also grateful for Eddie, Richie, Dani, Jalyn, and Karen for being part of this thread. It's great to hear the positives in your lives. Let's all have a good 24!

Sherry

eddie z. 11-04-2004 06:04 PM

Hey, Jalyn, Danielle, Richie, and Sherry!

Richie, that pumpkin was just born on this Halloween, so I doubt it went to see Ozzy...but one never knows.

Sherry, I'm so sorry I missed your six months. CONGRATUmaLATIONS!!

Today, I'm grateful for a happy marriage, for enjoying school now that I've learned how and am able to study, and for pricy (sp?) tanning lotions!

Love and hugs, everybody,
Eddie :hug:

sherbear5104 11-04-2004 08:40 PM

Tonight I am grateful for the things I learned throughout the day. I need to start letting go of some things I still want to hold on to. It's doing me no good, though. I am gratedful that my family respects me. I am grateful that my friend Mike made it back from his relapse, and didn't have to die or suffer for too long. And of course I'm grateful for all the friends I have at SR.

Sherry

Richie 11-07-2004 04:40 PM

Hey gang.The last few days have been pretty stressful around here.Not having any cravings, just a lot of family and job problems.A lot of little things that have clumped together to make one big depressing cloud over my head.At least I'm still straight!Today makes ten weeks actually.And I'm thankful for that and for the fellowship I have found on this thread.I pray that you are all doing well and standing strong in your fight.I hope to be in a better frame of mind the next time I post.I just wanted to touch base and let you all know that you mean alot to me.God bless you all.

eddie z. 11-07-2004 06:37 PM

Congrats on Ten Weeks, Richie!
That Rocks!

Sorry you are having
difficulties, but glad
you are still finding that
gratitude. It's what this
thread's all about after all.
God bless you, too!
Love and hugs, Eddie

sherbear5104 11-07-2004 06:39 PM

(((Richie))) Congrats on getting 10 weeks. That's great. Sorry that other things aren't going so well right now, but like you said, at least you didn't self medicate. My prayer tonight is that Richie may find some peace. I also pray for all my friends on this thread, that we each have a restful sleep. I love all you guys.

Sherry

eddie z. 11-07-2004 06:54 PM

Oops! I forgot to say hey to Sherry and express my gratitude. Hey, Sherry!

Today, I am grateful for getting stronger, i.e. lifting more weight at the YW, for being able to help my mom clean her new house so maybe she'll actually be able to move soon, and for not having to take a nap this afternoon but having a full productive day!

Love and hugs ever'body,
Eddie :8a:

squirrelly77 11-08-2004 02:11 PM

(((Richie))) I'm a little late, but congrats on your 10 weeks! That rocks!
I hope, too, that you're feeling better today. Learning to deal with emotions as they happen, without drowing them out is something that is always pretty tough in the beginning. A newly recovered alkie/addict is like a live wire stripped of it's insulation. I certainly understand how THAT feels!
I'm grateful for getting to 18 days with the help of my friends at SR, AA, and of course my HP. It's definitely better in here than "out there".

Good night,
:) Danielle

Richie 11-08-2004 05:04 PM

Thank you so much Sherry,Eddie,and Dani! :wavey: I'm feeling much better tonight.And more grateful than ever for you all and for my family and for another day without any drugs in me.Except for coffee.
I thank God for you all and pray for your well-being daily.
God bless and Goodnight! :sleeping:

sherbear5104 11-10-2004 03:45 PM

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Richie.

Tonight I am grateful for the new meeting that I found. It's very spiritual. You can feel the serenity in the room as soon as you walk in. It's called Alcholics Victorious. It deals with all addictions, and helps people to get a better understanding of God and his will for us.

I am also thankful for my family and friends here at SR. I have alot of wonderful people in my life, and I pray you all are blessed!

eddie z. 11-14-2004 06:42 PM

Hey, Danielle, Richie, and Sherry! Glad to see y'all keeping things going.

Tonight I'm grateful for my sponsor and sponsee sisters and for attending my first baby shower (other than at work).

I am also grateful for my home group meeting last night—I've been really bad not to attend regular NA meetings lately, but I did go to my home group yesterday and I'm glad.

Love you guys!
Eddie :brain

sherbear5104 11-15-2004 03:13 PM

Hey Richie, Danielle, and Eddie, :hello2

Today I am grateful for my sobriety. Alot of people around here are finding it neccessary to go back out and be refunded the misery. I choose, just for today, to not pick up. Thank you God for watching over me and my friends here at SR.

Sherry

Richie 11-15-2004 04:36 PM

:headbang: Hi Sherry,Eddie and Dani!
I'm thankful that despite recent temptations I no longer feel like getting high again.Ever!
I'm thankful that I've finished my Christmas shopping and have some money left over.
I'm thankful that God still loves me even when I'm an ass.
I'm thankful for my new Jethro Tull Christmas album.
I'm thankful that you're all still here on this thread.
I pray that you are all doing well and for your peace and happiness.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

sherbear5104 11-16-2004 06:59 PM

Hey gang!
Tonight I am grateful that I am sober.
I am grateful that my son and I didn't fight today.
I am grateful for all my friends here that give me hope.

May God bless all of us!

Sherry

eddie z. 11-16-2004 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Richie
I'm thankful that I've finished my Christmas shopping and have some money left over.

Wow, I'm impressed, dude!

I'm thankful that, after over 6 smoke-free months, I was able to take 3 drags of a cigarette and determine that it was NASTY!

I'm grateful for my YWCA membership, my counseling professor, and that my indoor cat came in voluntarily after my husband let him out. :weh

Love and hugs and goodnight, y'all,
Eddie

Jalyn 11-16-2004 09:02 PM

Hello Friends,

Tonight I am thankful for one more sober day.

I am thankful for that Higher Power that keeps me that way.

I am thankful for the upcoming time off to spend with my family.

I am thankful for the mild weather that could be much colder.

I am thankful for my job.

I am thankful for my wonderful, supportive and loving family.

I am thankful for a warm home.

I am thankful the chances I get to come here and read and say hi!

Hugs, Jalyn

eddie z. 11-17-2004 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jalyn
I am thankful for the mild weather that could be much colder. I am thankful for a warm home.

Don't like the cold up there in the Windy City, huh? I'm looking at spending a year in Buffalo or Cleveland for a residency and I am not relishing the idea of that lake effect cold. I've lived in North Carolina all my life! :yup:

Good to see you back here, Jalyn.
Love and hugs, Eddie