Notices

I am thankful for...

Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am thankful for...

I am thankful for all the people who are supporting me through this process and who have helped me make it to 9 months sober. Looking back now at the beginning of this process I can’t even remember what emotions and thoughts were going through my head. I guess I thought I would never be happy again. Now I know that I am happier than I ever was. I still have my battles to overcome, but I now have a clear head to face these demons. I am also thankful for the new adventures I have been able to start. I have given myself the ability to go back to school and make my future brighter. I cannot thank everyone enough for the kind words and the helpful advice. I am most thankful for still being on this earth to enjoy everything life has to offer. I still have my bad days and the slight memories of what I once was, but I know am able to become what I am supposed to be. I am a recovering alcoholic, but that one word will not define who I am going to be in the future. I will become an intelligent warrior who was able to overcome one of her faults. I am a fighter and will remain a fighter for the rest of my life, because I now know that this battle is not just a once and done deal. I will be facing this for the rest of my life and this challenge is one I will win.

Thank you again to everyone who has stood beside me, left me kind words, and who has seen past my faults. I will forever be grateful for you.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congrats on 9 months disco!

thats huge!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Rusty Zipper. I am beyond happy to be celebrating that today. 9 months ago I wouldn't have dreamed of the feelings I have today. Or the ability to feel without alcohol in general.

Thank you to everyone again!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations disco! Keep up the great work.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Opivotal- Thank you!! I am most excited to see where this journey will take me!!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is an exciting process Disco! I've never regretted a single moment of sobriety. Please keep sharing your journey.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by disco22 View Post
I am thankful for all the people who are supporting me through this process and who have helped me make it to 9 months sober. Looking back now at the beginning of this process I can’t even remember what emotions and thoughts were going through my head. I guess I thought I would never be happy again. Now I know that I am happier than I ever was. I still have my battles to overcome, but I now have a clear head to face these demons. I am also thankful for the new adventures I have been able to start. I have given myself the ability to go back to school and make my future brighter. I cannot thank everyone enough for the kind words and the helpful advice. I am most thankful for still being on this earth to enjoy everything life has to offer. I still have my bad days and the slight memories of what I once was, but I know am able to become what I am supposed to be. I am a recovering alcoholic, but that one word will not define who I am going to be in the future. I will become an intelligent warrior who was able to overcome one of her faults. I am a fighter and will remain a fighter for the rest of my life, because I now know that this battle is not just a once and done deal. I will be facing this for the rest of my life and this challenge is one I will win.

Thank you again to everyone who has stood beside me, left me kind words, and who has seen past my faults. I will forever be grateful for you.
Great post, congratulations on a fantastic achievement.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Opivotal-it has been a great adventure �� I am happy to share with you guys.
Stoogy-thank you so much!!!