Notices

A New Freedom

Old 02-28-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Have we seen a person fail...

A New Freedom

When I came into recovery I was told that if I followed the program of recovery, my life would get better than I could possibly imagine. They were not lying to me. Near the end of my drinking I found it impossible to put together 6 months without having an impending court case, probation, fine or lawyers bills to worry about, but I could not stop drinking. In the early 1980's I was riding with a 1% motorcycle club and the members were telling me to slow down on my drinking, that I got too crazy.
How that has all changed in recovery. At seven years sober I applied for and received a government pardon for all my drunken shenanigans over the years. At 10 years sober I got married again to a woman in the program. I am now capable of giving and receiving love and more importantly, I know what love is. I lost my job of 8 years last spring and on a whim I applied for a teaching job in a college overseas. I had never taught before, but I put it out there anyway. I have been teaching college in Doha, Qatar since last August. There is a very strong recovery group over here, thank God for that.
I truly am grateful for my recovery that was freely given and I am happy to pass on what was taught to me. My greatest gift that recovery has given me is my firm belief in a Power greater than myself. Thank God for A.A.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

they told me the same thing rar

grateful i listened too!

and more grateful i put the action in