Notices

Today I Am Grateful For ... Part 12

Old 06-20-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

TIAGF being present and supportive for my children. I have a son who is quite anxious in his final year at school. I can be supportive and not engage in combative behaviour. My relationship is getting stronger with my daughter and she is learning to trust me again.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

TIAGF a good nights sleep, wife is back safe and sound, and all is right in my world today.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

TIAGF 865 days of continuous sobriety.
I shudder to think where the drinking road would have taken me
If I had stayed on it.....
Grateful I'll never have to know.

TIAGF for the courage at the right time
that allowed me to take a chance on sobriety
despite how terrified I was to quit drinking..
Old 06-23-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

TIAGF attending my first AA meeting since last Wednesday due to construction at my house. I needed that meeting to adjust my attitude to one of gratitude.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Today i am Grateful i got to a Meeting tonight!
Old 06-24-2014, 12:38 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

TIAGF the rewards of my recovery which has given my wife and family a simple solution to the problems created by alcohol, drugs, and nicotine.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:35 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

TIAGF the ability to go to one of my favorite AA meetings this morning.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for:

a wonderful AA meeting today. A woman I respect and admire was celebrating her year anniversary. It was very inspiring. Also, I got my month chip! And I really like how the group hugged and congratulated me. I feel really good about this meeting. So much experience, strength, and hope. I am so grateful for so many good things I hear that are helping me live sober in my day to day life.

I am grateful for all the warmth in that room this morning. I am grateful to hear the woman's story, and I am grateful that she is doing so well and in a good place. I am grateful for the program, for helping families heal.

Today I am grateful that although my work/life situation has it stresses, everyday I am learning new tools and coping mechanisms, and beginining to handle it so much better. I still stumble, but I am grateful this morning after my meeting I took sometime to do a number of healthy things: ride my bike a bit, go to the beach and be near the water, do some yoga on the beach, do a mindfullness/walking meditation as well as a sitting guided meditation...I had a small flare up of stress midday, but I resolved it, and I am so grateful before I had to deal with it I had taken the time to quiet my mind.

I am so grateful it is my day off. I can take this time for self care. I am grateful I am learning how to not feel guilty about that. I am grateful I am learning how to appreciate the moment. I am grateful to learn I am not in control. I am grateful I live near the beach. I am grateful for my bicycle, lock, and helmet.

I am grateful for this forum where I can make this list. I am grateful I recognized earlier in the day that this is what I need to be doing right now. I'm grateful for this library on the computer where I can write it.

also grateful for:

my wonderful, caring, family. Who I get to see this weekend at my brother's wedding!
my boyfriend- the sweetest, most positive, inspiring guy. I am grateful that I am in a good, healthy relationship with someone I care about, respect, and admire.
books!
the internet, especially recovery based message boards- I get little doses of experience, strength and hope whenever and where ever I need them.
my library card
my yoga mat, and yoga practice, which is doing a lot for helping me stay grounded
long island's natural beauty
all that I've experienced these past few months since I came to this part of Long Island. all that I've learned from the person I've been working for...about topics I'm very interested in.
yesterday I was motivated in the pm and planted a bunch of golden beets, some celosia...
I sold a woman some planters I made, and she seemed to really like them. It was also a very nice, positive interaction...it feels like I've been having a lot more of those since I quit drinking!

I have a lot of fear and anxiety about my living situation, but I am sooo grateful for all I am learning in recovery- how turn it over, let go, try and do my higher power's will, that acceptance is the answer, my higher power won't give me anything I can't handle, and the importance of breathing and staying in the present moment.

I am so grateful to be sober today. Thank you for reading!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

TIAGF all of the posts by newcomers to living sober in recovery from our illness.

Thank you Elizabeth19 for your honest expression of gratitude on this thread yesterday.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

TIAGF all of the rewards that You have given me in recovery. The list is too long, but you know them better than I do.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

I'm not as thankful for much today. I woke up, breathing easily. That's the one I'm ALWAYS grateful for. That's pretty much it for now. Still sober though!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

TIAGF a feeling of joy and happiness living in recovery without mood altering chemicals or nicotine.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

TIAGF my boyfriend. He is my rock. He is so patient with me and everything that I'm going through. He understands me the way I never thought anybody would, and he forgives my mistakes. I do not know what I have done to deserve him, but I am grateful today and every day for him. I will do this not only for myself, but for him!
Old 06-29-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks grtgrandpa! And thanks for all your posts!

Today I am grateful

To be on the way home from my brother's wedding after some travel snafus
Time with my family this weekend, including some uncles I haven't seen in a while
My brother in law, who is in recovery and was great to talk to during the wedding
Wonderful weather for my brothers wedding
My brother is generous, kind and supportive, and I am so happy for hi
Quality time with my boyfriend- watching him watch the World Cup- he is so happy watching his favorite sport
Good reading material

Today I am so grateful my sister seems to be doing much better then before - she has found a job after finishing nursing school, so her financial situation is better. Also her marriage seems to be in a better place then before.

So grateful all my siblings, parents and I are in stable, relatively happy places.
Grateful I saw my divorced parents chatting. Time really does heal all wounds!
Time dancing with my sisters, brother, his friends- the do spun so e great music!
Grateful to be almost home and so ready to relax on the couch!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

TIAGF

A wonderful beach vacation
Money to pay bills
My family
Air conditioning
My garden, even though it needs work...
Old 06-30-2014, 12:54 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

TIAGF all of the people who are recovering from our illness/alcoholism who support my recovery by being every day miracles.

I am especially inspired that elizabeth19 had an enjoyable experience at her brother's wedding without drinking alcohol.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

TIAGF the approaching weekend which will bring a new pastor to my church, and a visit from one daughter, one grandson, and three great grandchildren.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

TIAGF another day of opportunities brought on by living in recovery from alcoholism.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

TIAGF suiting up and showing up on this thread to show:

"keep coming back cause it works when you work it, one day at a time"

Old 07-03-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

TIAGF
the fact that my electricity is back on as it went off during the storm.