Notices

gratitude attitude!

Old 12-31-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink gratitude attitude!

I am grateful for more than 14 months of sobriety. Grateful for God allowing me to see my circumstances not as a curse but a blessing. This year was the first holiday season that I did not ruin because of my drinking.

I'm also grateful that my husband is one day sober. 24 hours is a huge accomplishment and it's so hard to maintain in the home with a using addict.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

To PeaceLoveSober:

I am so understanding your situation. Congrats on your Sobriety. This is such a great accomplishment for you. Have you thought about Al Anon in order to help yourself and your husband with his own desire to stay sober. You would find many people, men and women, in your same circumstances and you may come away with some new tools on handling this situation going forward. I can already envision both of you checking out AA together. Perhaps read to your husband the 20 questions to confirm there is a problem with alcohol. It's just a miracle that you have found this site: SR to use as a format for continuing forward toward a healthy and happy life that you both deserve. Please keep in touch!! Blessings and Hugs, Ipanema