Notices

Blessed

Old 11-06-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blessed

Hello all,I haven't been here in a while.Had event's that where stress full going on and I can finally breath a bit. Getting used to my new surroundings as I don't know how temp. It is or how perm. it is as yet. Very challenging my inter spirit. Plus I live with someone that drinks.. and really nothing I can do about that either,but to pray that God will lead that person in the right direction.I'm grateful to be here,grateful i have the choice to be sober today,I will have 2 years sober New Years Eve,That is the day i admitted myself into rehab that was 4 mos. long. I don't regret going but i don't ever want to go back. I still struggle everyday not so much having the urge to drink but just living,doing the right things to live a peaceful life,trying to keep balance in my life. I know I have a long ways to go yet,I do feel blessed that I'm living my life and not someone else s,A long time friend of mine grandson got shot by what they think was gang-related and now he's is the hospital fight for his life..he was a by stander skate boarding in a park. Really, has me thinking how grateful i am ........... Thanks for letting me share
Old 11-06-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by birdfeeder View Post
Hello all,I haven't been here in a while.Had event's that where stress full going on and I can finally breath a bit. Getting used to my new surroundings as I don't know how temp. It is or how perm. it is as yet. Very challenging my inter spirit. Plus I live with someone that drinks.. and really nothing I can do about that either,but to pray that God will lead that person in the right direction.I'm grateful to be here,grateful i have the choice to be sober today,I will have 2 years sober New Years Eve,That is the day i admitted myself into rehab that was 4 mos. long. I don't regret going but i don't ever want to go back. I still struggle everyday not so much having the urge to drink but just living,doing the right things to live a peaceful life,trying to keep balance in my life. I know I have a long ways to go yet,I do feel blessed that I'm living my life and not someone else s,A long time friend of mine grandson got shot by what they think was gang-related and now he's is the hospital fight for his life..he was a by stander skate boarding in a park. Really, has me thinking how grateful i am ........... Thanks for letting me share
Good 4 u!! Yay!!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope your friends grandson will pull throuhg.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, time has past and my friend's grandson was shot as i posted before ,ah,but true story comes out... come to find out it was a drug related that cause this person to get shot ,not an innocent by stander.and He was the one selling ,to find out.He is recovering well with 60% Brain damage and has been moved to rehab.He doesn't remember anything about in incident . now he has 60% brain damage and 3 young men going to prison.Youngest 15 years old as being the shooter. Really sad all the way around.All over the 3 men involved didn't have the money to buy pot.So they planned to rob him of his pot that he was bringing them and one of them had a gun.Wasn't planning on using the gun. The 15 year old thought it was cool to carry the gun,and end resort ,he used the gun. I just pray for them all... This is our world. What seems like one thing can really be something totally different.

I really feel Blessed I'm sober today I can make Healthy choices that don't hurt myself or others...

Hope you all have a great day/night! Be a fighter don't let your DOC take you down.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have a great Holiday all!!!Be grateful ,
every thing around you is something you may have to change ...The key is change...it's not working what you have been doing ,creating chaos in your life changing habits,people places and things,journal when you have urges and figure out why and what we can do to change it. I do a self inventory everyday to make sure i'm doing the right thing ,I can't drink one drink,just can't happen, i don't give myself permission to do that anymore.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas birdfeeder!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Xmas

D