Notices

Grateful for my pets . . .

Old 10-27-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for my pets . . .

I am so grateful for the unconditional love and the playfulness of my three dogs. Each one, in their own way is helping me recovery from the loses in my life, helping me get out of myself and helping me change my attitude. I am so grateful for my pets!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me too! Dogs are just The Best! I have two sweet girls to help me stay sober.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by Johnny152 View Post
I am so grateful for the unconditional love and the playfulness of my three dogs. Each one, in their own way is helping me recovery from the loses in my life, helping me get out of myself and helping me change my attitude. I am so grateful for my pets!
Yaasssss!

My kitty has been such a blessing in terms of my recovery. Her love and affection and company have gotten me through the difficult sober days. She is always there to greet me after a hard crappy day.

Because of her, I never feel alone! She is silly and playful and wonderful! She really is my best friend!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just got a new puppy yesterday. Something. I couldnt have done earlier this year
Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yesterday had a few ups and downs but the mentions of our beloved animals adds to my many thanks for my Kitty Tixie. She is by my side except for naps on the patio. Sometimes I don't say thank you to her enough. This morning she is excited because we're up and she gets to play. She comes to my lap when tired and wants pets. Watching and thinking of my Cat I see patience, love, excitement, knowing how to get her needs met, and did I mention Love. We sure can learn a lot from our animals and the joy they bring is immeasurable. Thanks Tixie! and thanks SR friends because big time too!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know the feeling.

Don't know how people live without pets... Me thinks they know not what they're missing.

My 2 cats passed away within 5 months of each other. The first one was 16, and we had to euthanise her. It was one of the toughest things I ever did my life.

Second one was 21 yrs old, diabetic for most of his life, and I was closer to him than any animal I ever knew. I knew he was dying, but he wasn't complaining enough to put him down. He would purr, and relax comfortably on the couch till his last day. The night he died I knew it was coming and I had the most awesome last moments with him. He couldn't eat and was having a really rough time standing, so I carried him to his spot on the couch. I laid him down, held his head, got real close and told him that I never connected with any animal the way I did with him. Told him he couldn't possibly imagine how much I loved him, and that it was OK for him go. I gave him the biggest kiss I ever did, said goodnight, and goodbye. He died some time shortly after that. I'm sooooo grateful he did it on his terms. I miss him terribly, but we had as awesome a relationship as an animal and human could have, and I'm super grateful. Especially for my last moments with him.

My wife and I just picked up 2 kittens, and while they can't and don't take the place of my other 2 friends, they are filling our place up with so much love and joy. It hurts when pets leave us, but it's so worth it for the time we get to spend with them. Grateful Pet parent here. I believe I shall always be one.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Grateful for my pets today because they help keep a positive rhythm in my life - places to land throughout my day that help pass the time in a hopeful way....