Notices

Grateful 335 Days and Counting!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful 335 Days and Counting!!!

Hey everyone,

I posted in the wrong forum on Saturday night and it was erased by the mod here and I want to start off by saying to that moderator that from the bottom of my heart I apologize about getting uppity in an e-mail to you. I have since read over the rules and policies here and was having a bad day Saturday not in regards to my recovery or past addiction, just an overall crummy day. Unfortunately, I took it out on the wrong person and for that am truly sorry. Ok, next..

It is fall, which to me even when I was in the depths of addiction was my favorite season. I live in Wisconsin so I am fortunate to enjoy four distinct seasons. I know some of you others live in a nice warm state where your winter goes down to the high 50's to low 60's at night, that must be so hard . But, there is something about fall air the cool crisp feel to it, the leaves changing, the time to put on hoodies and jeans and kick colored leaves that have just fallen the ground recently. I always associated fall with great music as well, this is the time of year where a lot of the rock bands I listened to would release their greatest hits or their better albums, with the Christmas shopping season rapidly approaching. With all this talk I probably sound like I am babbling, but I just really love this season more than any other one. On to my main point however, this was my post that I pasted on Saturday Night and I would like to re-post it and the only thing that has changed are my total clean days which now stand at 335 now instead of 333!! I just want you guys to know that this site and all of you have played a huge integral role in my recovery and my drive to remain sober. I could honestly have not asked to have stumbled upon a more informative and socially connected recovery site. Quick question for all of those who might do this already on here I am unsure though, but does anyone run virtual NA Meetings in the chat room. It doesn't necessarily have to be a strict 12-step type meeting or what not, but I was thinking of scheduling a meet-up for NA discussion in the chat room a day or two a week at night just not sure if anyone else is already running anything like that or if anyone would be interested in coming to a virtual meeting with me is all. OK here we go folks, and moderator darn you I am really close to posting in the one year forum heheehehe. jk. I cannot wait to make it to 365, but I am happy with 335 and moving still one day at a time!! Here is my post from Saturday guys.

3-3-3 Days CLEAN AND SOBER TODAY!!! Facebook friends and family I never would have imagined even when I first started this new direction in my life almost a year ago that it was going to work. To be honest I loved opiates too damn much to believe that I had a fighting chance, but with the support of friends and family especially on here, my countless counselors, Dr. G, Great Lakes Naval Station Hospital, music and meetings I sit here triple 3's clean. 333 days!! Even though I sit at what may seem like an astrological number to an addict who is in their first days of recovery, you will make to here sooner than you know it and as long as you lose the desire to pick up drugs and use them! I do not take where I am at for granted, because all I simply have to do is reflect to where I was last year at this time. A man, contemplating suicide on an almost daily basis, did I factor my kids or anyone else at this time no, because much like drug use other thoughts as well were of a selfish nature. My oxy intake on a daily basis last September was around 250-300mg a day, and this was not to feel great and buzzy this was just to maintain and not be sick at any given point during the day. Now I know plenty of adults bigger than me who get sick off of one 5mg vicodin post wisdom tooth extraction. Now, at this point in my addiction I would easily need 75-90mg of vicodin just to feel an ounce of joy for 3 hours at a time. I am not in anyway bragging here just putting things into perspective and how much this ****** habit can cost you not only monetary wise, but health wise. Putting that gigantic amount of opiate and Tylenol in your body habitually can easily shut your liver down (in fact since getting clean I have had liver problems), much like most parts of the human body they are an amazing gift that can repair themselves if given the chance. I know it may seem like grandstanding when I post about my recovery, and I can assure anyone who reads this it is everything, but that. It is extreme happiness and gratefulness I write these posts with. You have to remember that every few minutes the world loses another drug addict and it also inherits one, by someone using for the first time. Just remember those so-called drug heads, junkies, and other nice names average non-drug users like to classify users as, those who have lost their battle are someone's father, mother, daughter, son, cousin, nephew, niece, aunt, uncle and even best friend. Just because they died from drugs in some abandoned house alone, will not diminish the fact that they were still an intelligent bright person at one time and even during their use. It just gets to the point where drugs outweighs all your God given attributes. So was I a junky at any given time, yes probably to the standard passerby who didn't know anything about me, or the fringe people at the bowling alley who heard through the grapevine I was a pill head. Yet I still knew I had good in me and I was someone's son, brother, significant other, father and friend. And if it was not for that simply belief during my time while I was in the throes of addiction I would easily have not made the transition from active drug user the preferred title to anyone who is addicted to drugs, to my title that I wear like a badge of honor "Recovering Addict!". Thank you for believing in me everyone, I truly do love all of you!.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Quick question for all of those who might do this already on here I am unsure though, but does anyone run virtual NA Meetings in the chat room. It doesn't necessarily have to be a strict 12-step type meeting or what not, but I was thinking of scheduling a meet-up for NA discussion in the chat room a day or two a week at night just not sure if anyone else is already running anything like that or if anyone would be interested in coming to a virtual meeting with me is all.
We have two Meetings a week. Tuesday and Friday @9pm EST. They are not AA nor N/A, they are topic based and everyone is encouraged to share.

No one can just "hold" a meeting without approval from administration. Meeting chairs also have to be approved.

You're welcome to join us if you like.

Congratulations on 335 days!!