Notices

Grateful for clean time, family, transition back to life

Old 08-01-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for clean time, family, transition back to life

I'm grateful for my clean time. Since the first time I used my drug of choice, the longest I went was roughly 24 hours, with 57 days in as of today, I'm grateful and excited to collect my 60 day key tag on Sunday. I'm also grateful for my family, I would most certainly be dead or in prison if it weren't for my mother, who has been there for me more than ever since getting clean and finally attempting to live life, rather than "living" the way I was for way too long. For the past 7 or so years of my life, I was chasing some kind of high, rather it be drugs or alcohol, with nearly 2 months clean, who would have thought that in the end all I wanted was to feel normal again? Transitioning back to life after rehab was a thought that scared me to a point when my stay in rehab was coming to an end after 31 days there. At first it was weird and even a bit scary, knowing that it was up to me and me only to stay clean and that I could choose to use again at any time, I've made the choice to stay clean and it feels great. I've been doing odd jobs such as cutting grass and what not to get some money in my pocket, I even got my credit card paid off and now I don't need to literally wake up to phone calls every morning from debt collectors from the credit card company, and the simple fact that I don't spend it all on intoxicating substances makes it go just so much further than before. I'm going to attempt to find regular employment soon and I'm excited for the future, I hear a lot of good stories in the NA meetings, people that were where I am just a year or two ago are now working decent jobs, paying their bills, and some are even getting married. Staying clean has already opened up doors for me that I never knew even existed and life most certainly seems to be getting better day by day, for that I am extremely grateful.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Redbull, I am a mother of a recovering heroin addict who is currently in rehab. Your post made my night. Keep on doing the next right thing and watch the doors open for you! I am rooting for everyone who is choosing to get their life back!
Hugs
TT
Old 08-04-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey I'm grateful to have 5 days clean again. I had 64 then went out. Now I know I could just use today, I even think I could pick myself up again tomorrow, but no reason to. Every time I have sobered up its been different. Because life keeps changing, even though my DOC feels the same.

If this were virtual reality, like a video game, we could just get a week clean, then if we messed up, we'd just have to live the exact same life, the exact same actions and the exact same thoughts for a week again and then keep going, like one of those Mario games where you accidentally fall off the board and start over. But real life doesn't keep resetting, which sucks.
Chip