Notices

Shakota's Daily Grateful List

Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Shakota's Daily Grateful List

Today I am so very grateful for Yukonm, she offered me her support anytime I needed it, and today I needed it. When I was desperate and in horrible pain I emailed her and she held my hand (through email of course) and helped me through it. When I was feeling hopeless she helped me find hope again. When the pain was just too much to bare she gave me words of encouragement. When I was thinking of doing something stupid because I thought I was out of options she advised me to get in touch with my husband so maybe he could help me and she was right, he was able to help me, he had a back up plan ready to go for just that very reason. So, thank you Yukonm for everything!

I am also grateful for Hope4Life who is lending me help and support, along with advice in other things that will tremendously help me and my family. Hope has really reached out and gone the extra mile to make me feel welcomed in the community here and also to make sure I find the support and help that I need not just in recovery but in other aspects of my life. So that is very much appreciated, thank you Hope!

Again, I am so very thankful to have such a wonderful husband who loves me 100% unconditionally, its an amazing feeling to have that kind of safety. His endless understanding, love, care, and support are amazing. Just knowing that he is here for me makes this so much easier.

What I am most grateful for is my son, every time I see his beautiful face, those big innocent brown eyes of his it reminds me of exactly what I am doing and why. I want to be here and watch him grow up, to see him graduate high school and go to college. I want to know what he will be when he grows up...What career path he will choose. I want to be here on his wedding day, and the birth of his first child.

Last but not least, I am grateful for myself, that I had enough brains to realize that I was in trouble when it came to my pain mgmt medication, that I was over using and I could admit I needed help. I am glad that I felt safe enough to be able to admit it and ask for help without fear of being judged and know that my husband would hold my hand and know just what to do to help me. I know not everyone is lucky enough to have that.

Thank you for letting me share that.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a son too and he grew up with a drunk , drug addicted Mom. Me. I can't get those years back and he has a lot of resentment but that doe not have to happen with your son. Do whatever you can to not abuse those meds.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your kind words, Shakota. You did an awesome job last night. By allowing me the opportunity to share my experience, strength and hope with you....YOU HELPED ME STAY SOBER---so I am grateful to you, too. We are on this journey together, we may take different paths but we our destination is the same. I am so happy to be able to travel with you.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well M, I guess we are in this together then huh? I hold your hand, you hold my hand right? I am so glad I sent that very first email to you, amazing how things work out And if we got lost, hopefully one of us can read a map!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry for that Deeker, I know that must be painful. Luckily for me, my son doesn't know. Of course he knows I am on pain mgmt and so he knows I am loopy from my pain medication but he doesn't know I over use because I have never over used to the point that I am stumbling around, falling down, or drooling, thank goodness. The worst I do is just fall asleep and he just covers me up, so I am grateful I haven't scarred him for life with this.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

You are Welcome!

Your kind words have warmed my heart today, Shakota.

I am praying for you and will help anyway I can.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My 5th Day Grateful List

Today is my 5th day and I am grateful for many things today.

1. I am grateful that after months of over using my pain mgmt medication that yesterday I used it as it was prescribed to me, I only took 4 pills, so that means that yesterday I reached me goal!

2. I am grateful that today is my 5th day and even though I know everyday is a struggle and it always will be, I am still here and still working hard to stay on the right path.

3. I am grateful for my husband and son who are my strength and reason why I get out of bed every morning, and the reason I take every single breath.

4. I am grateful for a new friend Yukonm, who is quickly becoming a very good friend and is very dear to me and near to my heart. Her encouragement, support, and love is priceless and I am so glad that she came into my life.

5. I am grateful for just being able to get out of bed every morning and the fact that I am still breathing. Sometimes I have to wonder how I am given the amount of pills I was taking in a day, so I am grateful my husband never had to come home from work some night and find me dead, or wake up one morning with me cold in bed next to him.