Notices

Today's Grateful List

Old 07-24-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Today's Grateful List

Today I am grateful that after months of sitting in the house and not really going anywhere other than to the grocery store and doctors appointments I got to go with my husband to his best friend's wife's birthday party. They had just bought a new house as well, so my husband's whole circle of friends were there and I got to go hang out with everyone. It was such a beautiful night, I sat on the porch watching the sun set and talked to everyone. So I am grateful to have gotten the opportunity to get out of the house and spend time with other adults.

Again I am grateful for my wonderful husband and his infinite patience as he comforted me again today. He tolerated my fits when I wanted to throw my hands up in the air and give up because I was in too much pain and only 1 pill wasn't doing the job and I felt like the whole thing is pointless. After all it really is controlled now, I have no choice in the matter, he has the only key to the safe and he is the one who controls the medication by setting out 4 pills a day. So I am grateful for his strength and his encouragement. I am also very grateful for his unconditional love, that is a very special gift.

I am grateful to each and every one of you that have responded to my posts and have offered up great ideas for alternative methods for pain control, encouragement and support. Being able to get on here and read what all of you have to say really helps me and I am glad that I am not alone.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

U hang in There Shakota! Praying for you!.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Shakota,

It sounds like you had a great time at the birthday party. I hope that I will soon be able to attend social functions and be confident and be able to socialize with others. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Peach
Old 07-27-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

deeker,
I really love the verse about God providing an escape for us when we are faced with temptation. I have had to remind myself of that in the past....and I'm going to remember those words when I go back to work next week. My excuse for drinking is usually to relieve stress after a long day at work. It's going to be tempting to come in from work and drink something I've given up. I'm gonna remember that God has provided plenty of other alternatives. Thanks for sharing.....Peach
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today is Saturday and I am grateful....

Today I am grateful that my weak vessel (my body) has been filled with God's strength so that I haven't drank the bad stuff in just over five days. I'm especially grateful that, this morning when I found out my 24 year old son got arrested for simple battery at 3am, instead of heading to the liquor store, I have drank three glasses of apple juice!

Peach
Old 07-27-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am thankful for:

Today I am also thankful that I have found Sober Recovery and these message boards where I can be anonymous and tell the truth and not worry about being judged.

Peach