Notices

Many, Many Things to Be Grateful For....

Old 07-06-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Many, Many Things to Be Grateful For....

the morning sun, the air that I breath, the flowers, trees and birds, my wonderful cats who comfort me in times of need, my loving spouse, that fact that I did not die in surgery last year, wonderful therapists, having a roof over my head, having a few good friends, having the ability to learn, read, see, hear, smell, walk, taste, living in a hospitable place, not having to worry about finding clean water or sustenance, the ability to discern what I need/want, not being held in captivity, abused or exploited by others, having time to stop and smell the flowers, having a job, having the ability to help others, having openness enough to be helped, fresh veggies and fruits, having the ability to travel (albeit not far), having enough intellect to allow me to obtain a higher education, coming from a working-class background that allows me to remain humble and appreciative of the small things, living in a non third world country, having access to health care, finding SR, having a connection to a higher power that embraces me with love, etc, etc, etc.

It goes without saying that my life is far from perfect (heck I am struggling with a couple of compulsive behaviors - aka addictions), I live pretty much paycheck to paycheck, have a mountain of student loan debt that will not be repaid in my lifetime, and I could stand to lose a lot of weight. I struggle with depression, and have lost most of my family members in the past 3 years, yet, I am so, so grateful for what I do have. This is what keeps me going. And, BTW, I am grateful for being reminded of what I am grateful for...