SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Thank You God-Part 13 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/296426-thank-you-god-part-13-a.html)

Astro 06-21-2013 08:45 AM

Thank you God, for wrapping me in Your arms when I'm awake at 4:00 AM with panic and anxiety attacks.

EternalQ 06-21-2013 10:47 PM

Thank you God for giving me the strength and energy to go to the hardware store after working late, come home and at 9:30 start moving bedroom furniture, taping off , cutting in and then rolling coats of white paint over the deep coral wall which everyone hates but me. Lol Grateful ive finally cleaned up and moved furniture back and am going to bed.
Thank you God for reminding me i could never ever do this if i were drinking and that I couldn't do it without you God either.
Thank you God for a morning showing appt to motivate me.
Thank you God for pushing me to do the best I can to make this happen.
Grateful I believe God's hand is totally on the wheel for these life changes.

Anaya 06-22-2013 05:34 AM

To Astro: Hoping you'll be able to get beyond what's stirring up your mind and escalating into panic that interrupts your sleep and be able to get some rest! I lived like that for some time and know it's rough; but over time and with work, the nightly panic attacks have settled down and, so, it is possible to have peace and calm.

Grateful for people like you on SR, who by sharing your ESH give hope to others. :)

Astro 06-23-2013 08:38 AM

Thank you, Anaya. I've been here before, especially in early sobriety. This time it's work stress and taking care of a parent with memory issues. This too shall pass.

Thank you God, for a home to return to after a nice family vacation.

Astro 06-24-2013 05:28 AM

Thank you God. I know it's going to be a rough day but You'll be there with me.

EternalQ 06-24-2013 04:41 PM

Thank you God for helping me find a St Joseph statue tonite, burying it in the front yard and saying a prayer. St. Joseph is the patron saint of finding a home.
Anyway who knows but we DO know that extra prayers won't hurt!

Astro 06-25-2013 06:04 AM

Thank you God, for those doses of patience to get through phone calls with my father.

EternalQ 06-26-2013 02:42 AM

Thank you God, for giving me some direction...
which stopped me from years of walking down that same street and falling in that same hole.

Anaya 06-26-2013 02:56 AM

Thanks to God for the calm after the storm...literally (some crazy weather around here)and figuratively speaking.

Astro 06-26-2013 05:57 AM

Thank you God, for the way this week is going, when I naturally expected it to be much worse.

Marjoram 06-26-2013 12:54 PM

Thank you God for taking care of my health and my safety, considering all the years of alcohol abuse I've put my body through. And thank you for the courage to talk to my husband tonight.

EternalQ 06-26-2013 06:04 PM

Thank you God for listening to my nightly Novenas to St Joseph.
: )

ElegantlyWasted 06-26-2013 06:13 PM

Thank you God HP Mother Universe or what ever it is that decided to leave me in a position where all the broken things are not beyond repair with a little effort. Give me a little strength on the follow through I know you will.

Hi neighbor Astro! Hope all is well.

Astro 06-27-2013 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted (Post 4038231)
Hi neighbor Astro! Hope all is well.

Hot enough for ya? :D Hope you're staying cool.

Thank you God, for once again showing me that my fears were unfounded. This week hasn't gone so bad. You are managing it just fine for me.

Marjoram 06-27-2013 06:39 AM

Thank you God for the inspiration you provide through those here on SR that continue to offer hope and guidance in our journey of being sober.

EternalQ 06-27-2013 06:59 PM

Thank you God for rain.
I am watching a special on how rain is formed.
Thank you God for the geek side of me that emerged once I became sober.

Astro 06-28-2013 06:04 AM

Thank you God, for rearranging my schedule so perfectly yesterday, giving me time for extra income and a meeting on the way home. You're an excellent dispatcher.

EternalQ 06-28-2013 04:48 PM

Thank you God for keeping us safe at work when the tornado warning went off and told us to seek shelter. Thank you for giving me calmness to drive through lightening around me. Grateful for helping me by me forgetting an umbrella at work so I had one to use when I left.

Anaya 06-29-2013 05:14 AM

Thank you God that I made it home safely after coming within inches of a collision.

Astro 06-29-2013 07:51 AM

Customers texting me at 5:50 AM on a Sat. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for this in your plan, God. Thank you.