Notices

AA Saved my Life

Old 05-19-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AA Saved my Life

After everything I have been through my whole life and where I have come from now. I have been in recovery and I have been in AA and NA as well for the last year and a half. I started AA after I attempted suicide. I was extremely intoxicated that night and I was fighting with my abusive husband and I took a bottle of Ativan. I sat on my couch and I drank by myself for three years. I never drank when I had my kids. I don't want to go into long details.

When I look back at where I am now. I have gotten out of my isolation patterns. I have met people that are so wonderful and actually care about me. Yes, I now know there are people that care about me and I care about other people. I have had the most amazing spiritual awakening! My whole everything is compassion and understanding. I can relate to people. I have not had any bout of anger in my being anymore. I am waking up every day with so much joyful bliss in my state of being. This is so real and it is the most amazing gift that I could ever have. I know everything is going to be ok! I mean when I look back in my life I have seen where God (My God, I am now also a sworn buddist as well). was there for me and saved my life.

I am talking in front of a bunch of people. I mean I will also be sober for 6 months coming this June. I am taking responsibility for myself. I have left that abusive relationship. As I was getting better. I found he was getting worse. I had the guts to walk out. That was so inspiring. I love my family. My mom has been there for me through everything.

They say spirituality is for people who have been through hell. I have been through hell and I am now in heaven. I can't explain it really. But, my body feels different. I feel this calm serene energy running through me. In buddist terms I have acheived a state of Nirvana. This is the most amazing thing I have ever felt.

I wouldn't change this for the world. My life is so precious, beautiful, inspiring, and completely amazing and wonderful. I have absolutely nothing to worry about anymore. My God takes care of everything for me. Every second of everyday I surrender my life to my God. It's like I understand it all now. It's completely amazing!

So to everyone. I had to die in order to be reborn again. I have made it. I have received a new and wonderful life. I am more humble, more respectable, and I am even stable and everyone around me can't explain the change in my life. the change in my heart and personality.

I don't go out having a need to try and prove myself anymore. If someone comes up to me for help I help them, but only if I can actually do it. The best gift I have given people is my time and patience and I let them talk. I can't change anyone that is up to them. However, I have been fully present and aware and understanding of the pain people grow through. I don't give people advice. But, so many people have come up to me telling me how much they appreciate having someone to just listen to them and understand where they have come from. Which I do.

I have no fear anymore only faith in myself and my God (Which I call the Supreme Source). When I meditate I use also the Law of Attraction that helps as well.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

This is fabulous...u deserve yr new life honey
Old 05-20-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting Liuka. Love it!