Notices

DG's Gratitude List

Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Today I am thankful for:
  • 4 WEEKS NO ALCOHOL!!!!
  • I am so PROUD of myself.
  • I have more time to do things each day and can actually get useful things done in the evenings.
  • Last night I did the dishes before bed and now I have a clean kitchen. That was awful nice of past me.
  • There aren't like 2 dozen beer bottles and a few shot glasses lying around the house that I need to take care of. There was a couple of water glasses and coffee cups, but I washed them last night.
  • I feel awake and energetic, not all hungover and miserable.
  • I actually know what being not hungover in the morning is like now.
  • I am able to memorize drum beats again. It's really nice to see my progress as I try to memorize a little more each day.
  • I feel calm, relaxed, and happy this morning.
  • Today also marks 4 weeks on my other health goals.
  • I have 18 weeks no cigarettes!!
  • I have time this morning to spend on SR, write in my health journal, write in my journal, think about my life, etc. I try to take this time every morning and it really helps me so much to get on the right track for the day.
  • I'm up to 30 pushups. I could only do 15 on day 1.
  • I am definitely more flexible after stretching out every day for at least a few minutes.
  • I had a nice walk last night.
  • I am looking forward to my finances improving. I already feel more in control just knowing how much I'm saving.
  • I'm going to make it a good day.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Congratulations DG!

Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opivotal View Post
Congratulations DG!

Thanks opivotal. I really appreciate your support.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Today I am thankful for
  • having found a distraction free place to get my work done
  • feeling more sane for sitting down to work rather than procrastinating
  • Day 29 no drinking!!
  • I think I've almost forgotten what it's like to wake-up hungover. I can remember the first few days waking up and really noticing the difference, but now, it's become normal.
  • I have been starting to really schedule stuff in my planner and then follow through with it. Sometimes I don't get everything done on my list, but I get most of it done.
  • I know I have more work to do and more progress to make, but I feel like I am at least on the right path and getting work done and making progress. Sometimes it's slower than I'd like, but I know I'll be ok if I just keep taking it one day at a time and working on little things.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I think I've almost forgotten what it's like to wake-up hungover
DG, dont ever forget that!

keep it green

as we alky's have whats called a built in forgetter
Old 05-08-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
DG, dont ever forget that!

keep it green

as we alky's have whats called a built in forgetter
Thanks. I think you must be right. I'm already forgetting and it's only been a month.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Today I'm thankful for:
  • 30 Days no alcohol!! I'm so proud of myself. I have a whole month. It has been one heck of a month, but I made it.
  • It also marks 1 month eating well, drinking lots of water, and working out a bit. I am stronger, I am more flexible.
  • I woke up excited this morning to come post that I had a month!! I had a reason to want to get up out of bed. And I don't even think it's silly that I wanted to bounce out of bed to post online, lol.
  • I had a productive day at work yesterday and I feel good about that.
  • I have planned my day out so I should have another productive day at work.
  • I had a super nice walk last night.
  • It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day today!!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Today I'm thankful for:
  • 31 days no alcohol!!
  • my kitty-cats
  • birds chirping outside
  • quiet time today!! yay!!
  • looking forward to the day
  • making progress on a lot of my goals
  • had a nice walk yesterday... AFTER DARK!!! It was so nice to be out and sober at night. I'm less afraid going out and walking alone after dark because I feel like I have my wits with me and am way more able to handle any sort of situation that may arise appropriately.
  • In many ways, I feel safer sober all the time. What if there was a fire and I was passed out drunk? What if somebody broke into my house? What if I needed to drive to the ER? I feel like I could handle those things sober, but it sucked feeling vulnerable and not competent when I was drunk.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

• 32 days no alcohol!!
  • starting to feel more settled into this.
  • chirpy birds outside. I always love listening to the birds!
  • I definitely feel better than I did a month ago. It's really amazing how far I've come.
  • I'm going to make today a good day.
  • I feel much happier in general. I feel more like my old self. I think I like the sober me better than the drunk me.
  • I really don't miss drinking- it was so very miserable at the end. If I let myself imagine it as just the good parts, maybe I miss those, but that wasn't how it was for me at all anymore. It was to the point where there weren't really any good days drinking. It got to the point where I woke up in the morning and started drinking and that was scary. It got to the point where I was 'having' to drink while I drove. Parts of this are hard... but I was terrified of how things were. I don't want to go back to that. Not one bit... I'm thankful I'm not drinking!!.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I am thankful for:
  • 33 Days quit
  • It's Saturday!
  • It's a beautiful, sunny day outside.
  • I woke-up early and well-rested.
  • I'm looking forward to a nice weekend by myself around home to get some chores and stuff done.
  • I'm slowly starting to get a few things caught up from my drinking days.
  • I've seen so much progress in the last month and that is really encouraging!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Things I am grateful for today:
  • Today is day 34 alcohol-free!
  • I don't have to work today!
  • I'm looking forward to getting a few things done around the house.
  • I'm looking forward even more to banging on my drums for a good chunk of they day.
  • I'm not hungover!
  • I'm still working on making new habits and continuing to strive for improvements.
  • I am ready to tackle my weed problem. Now that I quit drinking, the desire to get high all the time is much less.
  • I feel generally happier and more stable.
  • This morning was the second morning in a row that I didn't wake up and get high right after getting out of bed. And it wasn't miserable.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

• 5 WEEKS!!!! Yay!! I am very proud of myself!!
  • I'm in a really good mood this morning. I'm happy with my 5 weeks, happy in general.
  • I have 19 weeks no cigarettes!!! It is so nice to be quit again. It sucked a lot knowing I'd had almost 2 years free from them and then being a smoker again. It's nice to be free of that wretched feeling again! It's nice to not even really think about smoking anymore. It seems like it's not even important now almost I'm so focused on moving forward with new things. I know that in many ways quitting smoking is my foundation though and I am so thankful for the recovery tools I got from it and the confidence gained.
  • I have 5 weeks of eating well. I think this is a really huge thing for me. I had problems eating well a couple of years before the drinking even started. So I think the fact that I have turned my eating habits around and started to establish a different relationship with food means a lot. I'm taking better care of myself. Sometimes, it's hard to eat and I don't really feel like it or want to, but I make myself and I'm thankful for that. I am learning that even if I don't want to eat, eating well is helping me to feel better. I tell myself I need the nutrition and healthy food to fuel my body.
  • I have been going on nice walks at night lately and they feel so magical.
  • I'm not hating myself this morning. In fact, I kind of like 'me'!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Kudos to You!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

This morning I am thankful for:
  • 36 days no alcohol!!
  • A new day ahead to get things done!
  • It's sunny and nice outside!
  • I am learning more coping skills.
  • I am continuing to set goals to work on my recovery and not stagnating.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

• Today is day 37 no alcohol!!
  • 135 days no smoking cigarettes!!
  • Last night was BBQ & beer night at my house (bf's doing, not mine). I am thankful that I didn't drink and that I chose to disengage myself from the goings-on. I posted on SR, I played drums, I did other things, but I didn't drink. I felt a little left out, but at the same time, I KNEW I wouldn't drink responsibly. When the gathering starts, it may be tempting, but when it's 4 hours later and we haven't eaten yet, I know I would have gotten SO trashed in that time and once we did eat, I would have just passed out afterward. I didn't pass out afterward-- I went for a nice walk.
  • I am learning better how to focus on the things I need to do and not to worry needlessly so much about the other people around me.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm also grateful for one of my favorite albums of all time:
Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

• I really have no friends left. My phone generates a list of 'favorites' by who I call most frequently. Everybody on the list is a customer or a colleague. I am grateful for this space. Over the years, I've had so many losers in my life. None of these people are still in my life. I don't need to get rid of any friends. I have clean, empty space. And I can start to fill it in a positive way. There are people I've lost contact with that weren't losers. But I never wanted them to see me as the loser I'd turned into. In a way, I'm thankful they never saw, especially considering how bad it got. I think if I went to make amends with the best of those people, they would have me back. I'm not ready now. Maybe sometime though. I need new people too. I'm willing to wait. I feel patient. I am focusing on me, on my recovery. I am learning to enjoy being with myself again. Sometimes it's lonely. Sometimes, I crave more companionship. But I'm thankful for the space and I trust it will come in good time. I am not going to try to fill the space... that way always went bad. I am going to wait for the right stuff to fill the space.
  • I make more progress each day.
  • Today is day 38 not drinking.
  • I'm taking the day off work. It's a much needed break before a work trip soon.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

• 39 days no drinking!!
  • I had a nice walk this evening.
  • I am slowly learning ways to really deal with my emotions and to handle problems better.
  • There are a lot of ups and downs, but I don't really tend to think about wanting to drink. Sometimes it's hard, but even then, I try to find other things to make myself feel better.
  • I do feel more sane, less irritable, and more steady... at least some of the time.
  • Tonight I'm tired. I should sleep well.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

• I got to see a new place today.
  • I am finally able to make it through the day without wanting/needing a nap.
  • I am exhausted. I will sleep well tonight.
  • I am starting to plan things out in my life better. Sometimes, it is hard, and I am behind, so there is much to do. But I do a little better each day.
  • I worked hard today so that I will have less to do tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a busy enough day anyway.
  • I am thankful for my car.
  • 40 days no alcohol!!
  • 138 days no cigarettes
  • Slowly starting to feel more calm and balanced. There are a lot of ups and downs, but sometimes, I think I've been feeling better than when I was drinking.