Notices

Gratefull

Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratefull

Today I am gratefull for my sobriety, my amazing sober friends and the things I am learning from the women I work the steps with is such a gift. A friend of my passed away on Saturday Sober from Cancer..I am so greatfull that he got to live 6 years more that the doctor predicted, and greatfull for more memories with him . I was walking around in a fog today I couldn't shake.... And then by talking to another member I realized I was in the denial fog of grief. I am glad I was able to identify the feeling and just be gentle with myself as I heal and make myself available to the family once I take care of my own process of grief. I'll ask my HP to clear the way so I may be of service.

Thanks for Reading.

Michele (Sunlitsoul)
Old 04-14-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting SunlitSoul. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunlitSoul View Post
Today I am gratefull for my sobriety, my amazing sober friends and the things I am learning from the women I work the steps with is such a gift. A friend of my passed away on Saturday Sober from Cancer..

Michele (Sunlitsoul)
Thank you sunlit. I love ur screen name. We have a big board with people who have died sober, It's good to see.

However we also have a board of people who died active in their alcoholism. It's sad. Reminds me that I only have this 24 hours. One wrong choice could take any of us out again.Bless you!