Notices

Today I am grateful for friendship and SR

Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for friendship and SR

Today I am very grateful for a visit from one of my girlfriends who came from out of town yesterday and spent the night at my place. She and my other girlfriends have been extremely compassionate and supportive of me as I'm dealing with ending my relationship with my ABF, getting an order of protection, and preparing to face the ABF for a court hearing this week. Yesterday when she arrived we ate the dinner I made for us. Originally the plan was to go out dancing afterwards. But I was tired from cooking and cleaning before she arrived, and she was tired from having woken up early to work several hours that morning. We shared a good laugh about getting "old" - we each turn 30 this year and we know that's not really old, but we also know we can't party like we did when we first became friends in college This morning I made us breakfast, and then we ventured into the city to check out a wine bar. We each had a glass of wine and shared a yummy meal. Then did some window shopping in the area. She dropped me off at my place before going home.
It was a fun and relaxing weekend, and we both got to decompress by sharing with each other what's been going on in our lives lately. I am so thankful she took the time out to see me. I know she is very busy with the new job she recently started, as well as planning her wedding which will be taking place in June, so the fact that she carved out a weekend for me is priceless. And God put her in my path last weekend too! The day after my huge blowup fight with the ABF during which he assaulted me, she called me up (not knowing what had happened) and asked if I wanted to get together for dinner because she and her fiance were in the area doing wedding planning stuff. Talk about perfect timing!! I absolutely needed to be around caring friends that day and she came through in my moment of need. She and her fiance also dropped me off at my brother's apt after dinner that night, because I got a call from the ABF from a number that showed he was still in my city, 7 hours after I had asked him to leave back to his home in another state.
Surrounding myself with caring, loving friends at a time like this is so important. My natural tendency when I'm stressed about something is to withdraw and isolate myself from others, so I am consciously making an effort to reach out to my loved ones. Reading others' stories on SR has also been extremely helpful, and I am very appreciative of everyone's posts here!