Notices

Gratitude List

Old 12-27-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratitude List

I am grateful for:

1. My family and the love we share despite the difficulties we face. This includes my Mom, my Dad, Aunt, two cousins, newborn niece and nephew, and the little white dog and her endless spring of affection.
2. This warm home where I never have to doubt that I "belong."
3. My work. However dissatisfied I get with the difficult dynamic I have with my boss, the two hour commute, and the sometimes trivial tasks that lack fulfillment, I am glad to have an occupation, a place to go, somewhere that I am needed, and the opportunity to be helpful.
4. The kindness behind even the roughest exteriors, and the glimpses of it I get to experience from the strangers I encounter throughout the course of each day.
5. The successes of those I admire, because they remind me that the life I want is an actual possibility, and is possibly still waiting for me, wanting to see me start taking steps towards earning it.
6. The small flickers of beauty that exist without me.
7. The capacity to think, reason, and solve problems.
8. The capacity to experience.
9. Whatever bungee chord has kept me from hitting rock bottom no matter how many times I've jumped.
10. That sense of Love that has always been present, available for my embrace, even when I've chosen to ignore it.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

11. The unexpected Holiday Bonus I just received that has allowed me to pay several bills that were in collections, but had not yet been reported to the credit bureau.
12. The availability of public transportation that takes me 30 miles and drops me off right at the doorstep of my office.
13. My white shoes and the reminder they serve; I am capable of taking care of them and keeping them clean.
14. A sponsor that is still willing to help me, even though I've broken my commitments to him twice now. He's given me a small list of work to do before calling him again, and I appreciate his thoughtfulness in requiring me to take action before he can offer any assistance.
15. www.SoberRecovery.com and all the kind, intelligent, creative, insightful, uplifting, and supportive members who are proof that being an alcoholic/addict does not make you any less of an important, worthwhile human being, so long as you take responsibility for it.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

16. The many SR members who helped me hold tight past the Civic Center bart station and not pick up for a Friday night of shame and regret.
17. The AA member who responded to the text I sent, less than an hour after he gave me his number, to congratulate me on not getting high.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

18. My willingness to not throw in the towel after using again.
19. Tonight's 6:30pm AA meeting
Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

never give up that hope GW