Notices

Bedtime Gratitude-Part 33- All are welcome

Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Grateful that my sister helped me de~fuse my frustration after a day of agitation.

Grateful a friend recommended a good book with which to distract myself.

Grateful I did not drink despite some strong agitation, which has been getting the better of me... I let my mood drive my day and that agitates me too! Lol

Grateful that sobriety has allowed me to not engage with someone from the past who has been contacting me. They don't drink, but for other reasons I don't think they are good for me. Grateful I am seeing that.

Grateful that God willing, I get to try again tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful for a weekend full of beauty and enjoyment.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful for a restful day before a busy week.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Grateful to have a great weekend with my Aunt and Uncle with horseback riding and fishing and a great nap today.

I am so grateful of their support. I love them so so much.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Seems like I start every week with anxiety and trepidation. Grateful that my higher power is right there beside me with His comforting arm around my shoulder.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful that, though my dog appears to have been sick a couple times while I was at work, he doesn't seem sick now. He keeos bringing me his ball and Mr Squeaker pumpkin toy to play with.

Grateful though sleep deprived my work was manageable today. I actually see my desk.

Grateful for this thread.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Going to add more gratitude!
Grateful that I have scrubbed the couch and had pillow covers in washer and now dryer where dog got sick.
Grateful I stopped at the asian fresh food market and bought some yummy stuff including little baby bananas!
Grateful I actually sat and watched World News Tonite which I love but usually get home after it is over.
Grateful I cleaned up the kitchen, and cleaned up myself and am in jams, with some club and cran and a lime slice on ice, watching Antique Road Show.
Grateful my Dad texted me back.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
when i sing the cats run away.
You'll notice I put "sing" in quotation marks. We had an all-out head banging metalfest on the Rock Band yesterday and the furry boys got quite excited, actually.

Grateful I went to the CoDependents Anonymous meeting this evening even though the friend who inspired me to go bailed at the last minute. It was a good choice.

And grateful a MeetUp group I just joined is having an event in my neighborhood this week. It should be interesting. We're doing Loving Kindness meditation & discussion. I could definitely use some Loving Kindness these days, for sure.

—ez
Old 10-22-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

grateful for a nice piece of fresh caught striped bass tonight

and no cafeteria style, grateful for the side of broccoli
Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

grateful to hear from a new friend....grateful for plans.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Grateful we won't go hungry if we don't eat the AWFUL new recipe I tried for dinner tonight!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Grateful that sober finally feels normal
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Grateful we won't go hungry if we don't eat the AWFUL new recipe I tried for dinner tonight!
Grateful that there's more than one kind of vegetable. The grandkids despise carrots!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful that the dog didnt vomit or mess in the house while I was at work. (He was sick yesterday while I worked.)

Grateful he is snuggled in my lap as I write. I can feel his little heart beating.

Grateful someone new at work is very competent and efficient and this has made my job much less frustrating.

Grateful for a peaceful, relaxed evening at home. Just me and the marvelous mutt.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by unentschieden View Post
Grateful that sober finally feels normal
Amazing how that sneaks up on us, isn't it?

Grateful for telling people about my urges rather than acting on them.

And grateful for not letting my dad get under my skin today and just leaving the situation.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

grateful for yet another day in the life of a drunk in revovery
Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

grateful that i have a very clean kitchen and one of the bathrooms is very sparkley

...grateful for help cleaning from my daughter...(she calls it an Intervention and is organizing all the closets).

grateful for 10 online games of Scrabble going, you cannot play scrabble when your drunk
Old 10-23-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I hope no one minds my multiple posts.. I am trying to really focus on my gratitude!

Grateful for remembering to be calm in tone and manner with the pooch... He behaVes sooo much better then.

Grateful I cleaned the whole bathroom while listening to a good show on NPR tonite (rather than sitting on my butt, munching, with Extra on the TV.)

Grateful I am paying attention to my bank balance rather then just being overdrawn from not caring.

Grateful I actually checked my home emails, (i used to not check for a week),.and, responded to an invoice from a serviceman and answered a sister's email.

Grateful I matched some socks.

Grateful to not check my phone for hours at a time. Feels so much better.

Thanks for listening!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Grateful for this gorgeous autumn weather. Grateful my husband and I found I nice rehab facility today for my MIL, who is having hip replacement surgery on Thursday.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

EQ i always pay attention to your posts. you and a few others always catch me....maybe we are just on the same wavelength at this time.
i'm grateful for:
EternalQ/Rusty ty oldtimer....i wanna be you /Fandy/Eddiez/Pondlady *and ev1 else i luv u all)..... i think i always run into you guys when i am on SR.... i feel i am amongst you. don't know exactly how to explain that..... there's another person on here erratic euphoria that is helpful to me too. i am so grateful for the uplift and not the condemnation... the standing together here. wish it was possible to share a coffee.
i'm grateful for each person who posts here on the eve&morn board. i read every one. and even though i might not "be there" with each sentiment, i high five everyone for any moment that keeps them onward. and it makes me grateful for mine. and it's also funny how a lot of times we are all being grateful for the same thing (i luv when that happens, even if it's just coffee--haha....the man upstairs, he's a funny guy♥)
i love the ppl too that have pets and are grateful for them-- i got that too and am so grateful for my furbabies.. they are my heart♥ i talk talk talk to them and living alone, they know me more than anyone. thank you God for each of my 2 cats. they make my house a home. i'm grateful that other ppl here feel the same ... i understand your stories when you talk about them
long post..... just wanted EQ and everyone else to know that i do read your posts and maybe sometimes they don't speak to me.... but i do read them... and sometimes they get me to another day. and maybe they do that for others too. my quote that i always remember from mary k: sometimes you need the meeting, but sometimes the meeting needs you. you never know what effect you are having on the world...(note to myself...haha...)
sending love to everyone who takes time to come here and share♥