Notices

Grateful Heart tonight

Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Only easy day was yesterday

Grateful Heart tonight

I know it's so easy to say you're grateful for being sober, and i truly am, however i am extremely grateful that god and AA

has blessed my family with the tolerance and persevere to have stood by me through all the pain and turmoil and unbearable

misery i caused them tonight was one of those times why I'm grateful, i was out to dinner and m wife andi were talking about

my sobriety and how well I'm doing when she looked over at me and said " I'm so proud of you you're working so hard to

stay sober and going to so many meetings " she then told me she's been talking to her sister and also told her "he's doing

fantastic " i was caught off guard to say the least, you have to keep in mind here's a woman i mentally /emotionally crippled

as a result of my drinking yet despite the pain / hurt i put her through she still loved me enough( and I'm telling you i mangled

this woman emotions to the point where she had no self esteem or confidence left in her) to share with me her thoughts

i say it all the time, i don't know what i did in this world to deserve a woman like her, and she doesn't even drink so its

pretty damn hard to fool her when i am drinking, today was pretty special because part of the promises came true for me

and like they say " sometimes quickly sometimes slowly they will always materialize if we work for them " i was blown

away tonight and i have my higher power who i have ALWAYS CALLED GOD and when i drove home tonight i was on the

highway it was so freeing that if i get pulled over had nothing to worry about because i was a respectable sober guy

who just spent the evening with his wife and it meant so much to have been able to hear my wife tell me how proud

she was and honestly i take no credit for this - all the credit goes to god and AA because otherwise if i could do

this on my own then i wouldn't need god or AA, i am so blessed and i hope i will always be very aware of who

is guiding me and my thoughts on a daily basis - Finally i want to say its really easy to be grateful when things

are going good, but how grateful are you when things S#@$ or when you're at a meeting and your out with your

sponsor or you are helping another alcoholic but you go home and you're kicking the dog or disrespecting your wife

/ husband the question is - Are you really grateful? - i fall far short of the mark everyday, Something to think about.

However i know if i want to stay sober i had better stay grateful - PERIOD

Coop