Notices

Saturday without a hangover

Old 09-08-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saturday without a hangover

So today is day 15.
Woke up early with the kids, went to my sons football game.
Wasn't groggy, grumpy, hungover, and didn't feel like I had to worry about where the bathroom was.

Enjoyed watching him play, the drive in the country, seeing everyone, had lunch there.
This was a great time, unspoiled by alcohol.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It only goes up from there! Congrats! You are doing great.. just getting past the brain fog is sooo awesome! Enjoy the journey!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel View Post
So today is day 15.
Woke up early with the kids, went to my sons football game.
Wasn't groggy, grumpy, hungover, and didn't feel like I had to worry about where the bathroom was.

Enjoyed watching him play, the drive in the country, seeing everyone, had lunch there.
This was a great time, unspoiled by alcohol.
Well done DB. I enjoyed my boys soccer game this morning with a clear head. I enjoyed watching him play and I wasn't grumpy because my head wasn't 10 fee thick like normal. I think I was more social and involved as well without a big HO.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

nice post. Amazing how much better we feel without that poison, and doing normal things can be so much better without it.

If I ever woke up now, being sober, feeling anywhere near as bad as my hangovers were, I'd probably call 911. How in the world did I suffer through that horror?
Old 09-08-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pipparina View Post
If I ever woke up now, being sober, feeling anywhere near as bad as my hangovers were, I'd probably call 911. How in the world did I suffer through that horror?
Wow yeah I never thought of that. At the end of my drinking I was literally hungover for a week, with the first 2 - 3 days being bedridden and puking. Just got so used to it I thought it was normal, Never, ever, again.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ba**ysMama

So very true about hangovers guys.. ITA!! If I never miss anything else about drinking, it will be the killer hangovers.. NEVER having to wake up to a puke bucket beside my bed..(normally placed there by my very patient fiancee w/o my even realizing..), or being afraid to walk to the bathroom just to pee because it made me too nauseous.. won't be missing those.. I hated how it ruined my jobs as well.. now I know I can work like an Ox everyday if I had to and be physically/mentally fine.. unreal how much better life is for us folks now.. love and best luck to all my brothers & sisters on SR<3